Sunday, February 25, 2007

Brought to you by the letters http://

One of the reasons I was so psyched about this new site was because anyone and everyone could comment if they so desired without signing up and creating a username and password.

But -- and this is a big but (bigger than Anna Nicole's butt circa her reality show) -- I miss knowing who the comments are coming from. Don't get me wrong, I completely appreciate the need for an "anonymous" response once in awhile. Sometimes I wish more things in life could be done anonymously. Like farting.

Others of you take the time to type in your whole blog address in the "Name" column or even within the comment box itself, and to those people I say: "Hello (insert your name here)!" Because I can.

However, it wasn't always creating a link to your sites and I couldn't figure out why. So I played with it and figured it out.

If you would like to leave a comment and link back to your site (which I would greatly appreciate; plus you may get some site traffic out of it, that is, if you're into that sort of thing), you simply have to click on the "Other" bullet, put the entire web address in the "Your web page" category INCLUDING the http://.

Example
NAME: novelle360 (or "Kelly" or whatever you want the link to say)
YOUR WEB PAGE: http://www.novelle360.com

This should create a link back to your webpage that I and others can visit.

(And now please excuse me while I rant to those I hold near and dear. )

ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE IN MY LIFE (in no particular order): Mom, Carl, Glrr, Grandma, Sean, David, Lisa, Courtney, Annie, Andrea, Alan, Erin, Whitney/Weber, Sarah, Gisela, Timberly and Jerry.

I've come to terms with the fact that people who have seen me in the flesh (to varying degrees) read this site. I always think twice about swearing because I can feel my mom shaking her head. Then I remember that it's no secret that college opened up a deeper understanding of the F word for me and all it's uses. ... It's a verb, it's a noun, it's an adjective, IT'S SUPERWORD! Anyway, my point is, YOU'RE ALLOWED TO COMMENT. I WOULD LIKE THAT. Nay. LOVE that.

Gisela, you're sort of off the hook because you called me a dork in my birthday post. And I know that "dork" is your term of endearment for me. You tried to bring me into the fold of hip hop and all that is sparkly and uber fashionable, but let's face it, this girl likes classic, clean lines and the color beige. I embrace my dorkiness. Especially when compared to you. Your skin tone will always be able to pull off brighter colors, my friend, and I'll just stand next to you and bask in the glow.

Timberly and Andrea, I know we e-mail all the time, so you both get some credit for that. Erin, you, too.

Bah. Okay, rant over. I won't single anyone else out. GLRR. Okay seriously. I'm done. COURTNEY. No really, that's it. JERRY. ... Ahem.

So, if there's anything to be taken away from this post, it's this:

http://

Thank you.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

i get it...i didn't think i could comment if i wasn't in the "members only club" aka "a blogger" (hahaha) i will comment. nothing like getting my name on your post.
court

Emma said...

Heey yay finally it will hopefully link! lol
Hope your having a good weekend!
xxE

MOM said...

I do comment when I think I should!! I am not shaking my head when you swear. Remember I work with high school kids all day and I can swear like a drunken sailor when I feel the need.
Like when David comes home this morning from taking the drunken slut home.

Toby Lerone said...

Let me outside. I have to poop and Jerry is asleep on the couch.

mom said...

Be careful what you wish for.

GISELA said...

DORK DORK DORK

you spelled Timberly's name wrong. HA!

did you ever get my card? join facebook already!

Gisela said...

DORK DORK DORK

you spelled Timberly's name wrong. HA!

did you ever get my card???? join facebook already, ho!!!!!!

luvyou

gisela said...

stupid blogger. gave me an error page, so now I posted twice. grr.

JazzSaxKitten said...

I still read, and sometimes I comment anonymously.

=)

Amy said...

haha I love your subtle hints :)

Janice said...

haha your mother is kind of amazing. I am assuming I would swear like that if I worked around high school students all the time ;) By the way, I'm not sure if you had these when you went to college, but I just got accepted as a Resident Advisor for next fall in the best Residence Hall on campus, so I'm so excited!! :)

Kendra said...

Im not into leaving comments often, but I enjoy your posts!

Nikbv said...

I normally just leave my comments as anonymous because it is easier than typing in my name. But, if you wish it, I can add it.

chelsea said...

hahaha i think i remember to add the http://. one time i did forget and it gave me a message telling me something was messed up!

Ray said...

::Salutes to Kelly::
Http:// it is.

Sheryl said...

Okay, okay. I'll do the extra typing. Reading what you write is definitely worth the few extra keystrokes if that's what's going to make you happy. And boy would I hate to be part of your inner circle and have you mad at me! :)

Allison said...

I loved reading you on xanga and love reading you here. I've made a buncha comments, and tried to leave my link but it never worked. pout.

Erin said...

If I comment, I leave my name. I swear! And I don't have a web page. :)

Loved Toby eating. What a freak. It's nice that he fits right in.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhh, Kelly, I was like Court and I didn't think I could leave a comment if I wasn't a "blogger" I promise even if it's just to say I had to go pee because I laughed so hard, I will leave some sort of AWH (Annie Was Here)message!

Jer said...

Here's my comment...even though I didn't think I needed to comment since I let you see me naked.(WITH the lights on)

Jenny said...

Urgh, I've been away for so long! So busy and so sick lately....I'm ashamed. I need to check in on you more, I miss you!

Jenny said...

Urgh, I've been away for so long! So busy and so sick lately....I'm ashamed. I need to check in on you more, I miss you!

Emily said...

Goodie! I thought I wasn't ever going to figure this thing out but now you've solved it for me! I can successfully submit a comment now and have my Xanga link attached to it!

Anonymous said...

You're mom is so cute!
However, I have to wonder just who David is?
Ha.

And Toby Lerone? Amazing.
Too cute.

mercurial scribe said...

i read. i laughed. i always link because i, too, hate the perpetual anonymous comment.

Megan said...

I don't usually comment, but when I do, http:// it is!!

The http:// challenged Plainsman said...

The "nut and bolts" post is helpfull for us sometimes technically challenged. Hmm... http:// = :-).

the laughing plainsman said...

Well, that didn't work exactly as intended, but "by Jove," I think I now understand how it works! Ps. there is no "Challenged Plainsman" website, at least not yet!

Lisa said...

Kelly!

Your website makes me smile endlessly. I seriously think you are the most talented writer I know. So thank you, for always brightening my day!

And by the way, I'm that classic girl too. I love those clean lines, and beige...and black...and brown, exciting no?

Aaaand I love your mom's comment about David, now THAT really makes me laugh.

Love you and miss you!

: )

Jessie said...

So does this comment (which I used the other identity instead of my blogger display like you described)appear different to your comment box instead of the eblogger comment identity? I haven't fleshed out the entire "identity" aspect of eblogger - just post and surf, that's me.

Kate said...

I hear you! I set up this blog expressly for my family, and I can't get them to comment for love nor money. What's the point of a blog where no one comments? :)

whitney/weber said...

. made-it'd be better to hear from you in PERSON but we'll take a nod in the post, too!