Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lions and tigers and weedwackers, oh my!

A few weeks before Troy and Jerry's morning show launched, they needed to come up with a print advertising concept for the local newspaper -- something that would suit a rock station.

They settled on a simple slogan, "Wake up with Troy and Jerry," and decided to depict it. In our bedroom. In my bed. With liquor bottles, condoms, tissues, party hats, my underwear, a wad of cash, a knocked-over lamp and a weedwacker.

(I could say something funny or sarcastic here, but I honestly think the list of props says it all.)

So I asked one of the photographers at my paper and a good friend, Jason, to take the pictures. When I relayed the idea, I think he was curious enough just to see it unfold, and agreed through bouts of laughter.

It was easily one of the strangest situations I've ever been in. Calling it a circus wouldn't quite do it justice. There were four men, me and a dog milling around the bedroom filled with chaos. I don't think I would've looked twice if a ringleader herded in an elephant.

Jason took about 200 shots, but there were a few that really stood out. The radio station's designer created three ads with different images to display in the paper's sports section.

Here are a few of my favorites:

JS1_5106
Debut of the weedwacker.

JS1_5155
In this shot, Tony is litterally "waking up" with Troy and Jerry.
The ad has his face cut out with "Your Face Here."

JS1_5184
I absolutely love this one.

JS1_5213
Tony's feet.

JS1_5161_2
Me holding the flash and Toby so he won't jump on the bed.


P1012481
I took this one. Here's Jason setting up his first few shots.


P1012486
Jason scrolling through the pictures for the guys.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!

Randall said...

How funny... and making such a mess of your pretty bedroom!

Janice said...

Haha those are amazing!! I just laughed so hard and I bet it was really difficult trying to keep Toby off of the bed!! :)

kimiedawn said...

So funny!!!

molly said...

HHHHHHHHHAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha

Erin said...

I'm sure when your friends and family got you the bed and bedding as wedding presents, they had no idea the items would be debauched in this way. :)

Diane said...

This is awesome, and a great ad campaign. Too funny.

gorakagaz said...

that is too hilarious x]

kristin said...

That is hysterical! Those photos make me want to wake up with Troy and Jerry.

corbow said...

What a riot! It reminds me of the insanity that was my stepson's use of our house for his short film, complete with faux sex in our bed and a shower scene. For the latter they had to remove the shower curtain, so there was water everywhere.

Sarah said...

Words could never express how much I love the third picture! Amazing!!

chelsea said...

thats so funny! the photographer did an awesome job!

Amy said...

haha those pictures are great!
Very rock and roll

Jen said...

Hahaha, I was getting worried with the pictures till I read the post. Lol, it is GREAT!

Adifferentkindofbeautiful said...

ahahahahahaha
I wish I was related to Jerry

Ray said...

That is so hilarious. You guys truly have a wonderful, interesting and fairly amusing life. I wish to have a life as great & as humorous as yours. By the way please tell us all what's Jerry's radio station and the time he's on air. I know all of us are dying to hear him. And showing everyone your sexy underware: "YOU HAVE GUTS WOMAN"! ;o)

Take care, Kelly.

Anonymous said...

hahahahha........that wud have been a fun ride for all of u in that room!!!!!!!!!!!
so tell me can we hear jerry stations thru internet????????and when he is his show airing?????
-sreenitha

"Fred Mertz" AKA The Plainsman said...

The "AdventureS of JerrY and KellY" are as funny as the old I Love Lucy shows.

Your next challenge is to find a tax accountant who can figure out a way to deduct some of your bedroom decorating costs as a business expense.

Kelly said...

Jason was the right one to shoot those photos. Those scenes remind me of when he lived in Hollidaysburg with John Dab.

Wendy said...

I love the pictures...they are great! And, I am still laughing about the pineapple out the nose from yesterday.

Leslie said...

Those are fantastic. :D

mercurial scribe said...

That is hysterical. Goodness, your cheeks must hurt a lot living with that man!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

Hey!! I decided to take your advice and leave a comment so you felt loved by your family :o)

Not to be technical, but it's not a weed wacker. It's called a hedge trimmer!

P.S. She wasn't a drunken slut. She was a friend in need

jsi said...

Yet, no one can ay whose bra could that be? Neither one looks ready to fess up to it.

Kathy said...

Wow - so not only has Altoona seen a life size picture of you in the mall - now they have seen your undergarnments too!

I came across your site on Xanga towards the end of the year & now I read you daily! I love your stories!

Silverwolf said...

Lol, I love the third one down - it's the classic look of "what the heck did we do last night??"

later!

pray14me said...

Hey there. I miss you on Xanga, but this format is very nice. Love the photos.
Hugs, Tricia