Thursday, March 8, 2007

The disappearing ball

Despite Punxsutawney Phil's prediction of an early spring, we got another winter storm Monday night in central Pennsylvania that filled our yard with about 8 inches of snow.

As Jerry was shoveling our back walkway the next afternoon, he discovered an interesting new game. The snow was light and fluffy but perfect for packing, so he formed a ball and tossed it, sending Toby running. But when Toby got to the spot where it landed, he became confused, so he just dug his face into the snow and rooted around for a few seconds, then popped his head up covered with white, looking thoroughly confused.

After a few rounds of the disappearing ball, Toby became so obsessed with actually biting it, that as I packed the snow in my hands, he jumped up and chomped into the snowball, biting and ripping and tearing at it until it disintegrated.

And, yes, we got it on video.

I haven't even watched it yet or loaded it on the computer or edited it or tried to upload it, so maybe I'll have it functioning here by 2018, but I'm hopeful that it's even more impressive than Toby's asylum-worthy eating habits.

7 comments:

Pauline said...

I can tell you with complete honestly... I want to see this. If you ever get it working, and that will be a feat, I will definitely watch it. Dogs rock.

jennifer said...

so cute! how easy it is to confuse a dog!

www.xanga.com/nothingbeast said...

Come 2018, i'll be downloading that vid.

Not like I do anything else at work. :)

kristin said...

I can't wait to see that one :)

chelsea said...

my dog does the same thing! its so cute. he also loves licking ice!

Marina said...

I can relate. My boyfriend does that all the time.

Randall said...

Can't wait to see it!