Friday, March 9, 2007

F#*@ing videos!

Okay, so I don't quite have it down to a science yet, but I'm getting there. Posting a video is a series of small complex tasks combined with a little luck, a little faith and a whole lot of swearing.

After I watched the videos we shot of Toby playing in the snow, I smacked my forehead and wondered why I had promised to share it. Not only was the footage horrible, but I think it's one of those things that falls under the category of "a face only a mother could love." If I've ever been sure about anything in my entire life, even more than knowing years ago that Lance Bass was gay, I'm sure that the entirety of this video is only enjoyable to the people who were there to experience it as it unfolded. And even I caught myself yawning.

But, alas, a promise is a promise. And at least five of you expressed (or feigned) interest.

So here it is. My second video. I've titled it "White stuff" and it's a thrilling 24 second clip of Toby rooting around in the snow and me forgetting how to zoom and just walking over for a shaky close up, instead.



I'm this close to figuring the whole video thing out, so I decided that having another go at it would help solidify the steps. Plus, my voice sounds so strange and manish in the last one that I wanted to prove I'm not on testosterone hormone therapy and undergoing a sex change. This third video presents a whole new set of challenges, though, because I'm wearing Jerry's two-tone brown hat over top of a bunchy ponytail, a red hooded sweatshirt and my purple coat. My only excuse is that I woke up less than an hour earlier AND I'M IN MY OWN BACKYARD (aka cut me some slack).

20 comments:

tossedrice said...

oh my.

Julie said...

Bwahahaha!! I think he's adorable. I love silly dog antics like that. Makes me want a dog, but Mat and I are waiting until we get a house. Just be glad I don't have a video camera or you'd be subjected to a skazillion videos of stupid kitten antics.

Anonymous said...

For just an instant, when I first heard the train in the second video I thought you had added dramatic music.

Amy said...

Awww that is so cute!
I love your accent :) fed up
of all the english ones around
here

Anonymous said...

What are your views on rape and abortion?

Tiffany said...

haha, I think it's pretty funny!

Janice said...

Toby eating that snowball kind of made my day... haha those were so funny :)
Thanks for the comment about my penguins!! :)

ajandmac said...

haha. im so glad you put forth the effort on these videos, regardless of their quality.

besides, toby ripping apart a snowball made MY day.

Jennifer said...

The videos were cute! I liked the one of him eating the snowballs the best. Don't worry about what you are wearing or how you sound. You are who you are and we don't really care if your clothes match or not. It doesn't change the fact that you are a great person I promise ;-)

www.xanga.com/nothingbeast said...

Wow... The previous tales didn't give me that much of an idea.

If that's how frenzied Toby is over a snowball... I now have a much better understanding of all the other Toby-isms.

And you have my sympathies.

Adorable though! :)

Jerry said...

Who wants to know about Rape and Abortion?...Someone wins the "Creepy Freakshow Clown-Ass of the Day" award!!

the "Siskel & Ebert" plainsman said...

Ha! I was viewer #124 on the first of the two snow clips! "Shakey cam" and the great train sound adds to the "cinema verite" quality. Hey, its a start! Besides chomping at the snowballs, I like Toby's strides are modified vertically to accomodate the snow, as it must touch his belly! Aree with Jerry's comments, too.

Kay said...

Hilarious! I love Toby :D

Emilee said...

wow toby really goes at that snowball haha, and i too though that the train in the background was your sound effects.

Ray said...

Cute videos. And a very funny game. Cut yourself some slack as well, none of us are film-makers so your video is just fine.

Take care, Kelly.

[BTW,this is Marilynmonroe4u2nv, I'm writing from my new site].

chelsea said...

that was adorable! i have a kinda random question for you: what do you do when the writers on your newspaper give totally blow off their stories? i just started being editor at my school paper this year and i've run into that problem a lot!

Anonymous said...

You have a funny dog. And I mean that in a good way. :-)

Lewis said...

"Where'd it go? This big white thing in this sea of white stuff."

I laughed.

Randall said...

I think it's cute! You can almost hear him, "MA! WHERE'D IT GO? MA! MA! MA?! WHERE'D IT GO?!"

Nutkin's Ho said...

You're slowly getting there! :)

I cracked up when I took our dog out back for a bathroom break--she hates walking on the mushy ground and today was so warm that almost everything was melted. She ended up jumping from melt-y snow patch to melt-y snow patch until finally finding a nice white spot of snow, which she promptly peed on. haha