Tuesday, March 6, 2007

No video, but ...

Although I let down the entire blogging community by running to get a fire extinguisher instead of my video camera when my toaster oven caught on fire, I did remember to take a few post taco-combustion photos.

Hopefully this will ever-so-slightly redeem this website. I mean really, what was I thinking? Trying to save my house and all of my posessions? So stupid! Clearly the right choice was to capture footage of the kitchen succumbing to flame and taking the entire structure down with it.

Please take solace in the fact that I have learned my lesson, (as outlined in the following handy numeric list).

PRIORITIES DURING A POTENTIAL LIFE-THREATENING DISASTER:
1. Grab your video camera.
2. Record the chaos and devote ample footage to how your dog nearly dies of panic.
3. Save yourself (only so you can blog about it).
4. Save the dog (only because it creates somewhat of a feel-good ending).

Now if only I could solidify it with a catchy slogan like "stop, drop and roll" ...

P1012611
Mmm ... charred tacos anyone?


P1012608_2
Jerry emptying the fire extinguisher while Toby watches intently.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm certainly glad you've straightened out your priorities!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how clean the foil looks.

www.myspace.com/erinn37

Kay said...

I've always wanted to use a fire extinguisher!

Pauline said...

Aren't we horrible? Maybe a video next time, hmm? ;-) Ditto the above comment... Why IS the foil so clean?

ajandmac said...

while i did long to see those giant flames and Jerry blowing to put them out...

im much happier that you still have shelter. :)

http://www.xanga.com/nothingbeast said...

That's a fantastically funny pic at the bottom.

But Jerry using the extinguisher by itself isn't all that funny.

The funny comes in the form of an itty-bitty dog head at the bottom of the picture.

Kudos. :)

aprilshowers4175 said...

Im glad you three are ok. I was looking thru the photos at xanga and saw the pics there. I rushed over to read the story. So did Jerry eat those soft tacos after all???

Jennifer said...

oh wow!! They really did get charred to bits!

Kelly said...

I think the foil just APPEARS clean because there's white fire extinguisher juice all over it.

Kristin said...

I really cannot believe those catch fire. I am still in shock. And still in need of a fire extinguisher.

the plainsman said...

Probably a good idea that we all either checked our fire extinguishers RIGHT NOW as I'm going to do or went out and bought one tonight and actually read the instructions before we needed it. Think of how NOT funny Jerry and Kelly would have looked if A) their extinguisher was "out of gas" or B) if they had none at all! Toby be freezin' his backside off!

chelsea said...

ha, i bet if you did capture it on video it would be one of the most played vids on youtube! our society has gotten pretty sad.

Wendy said...

I laughed at the pictures and am a litle sad I missed all the drama yesterday. And, I hope you had a smoke detector, which if it's anywhere near as sensitive as ours, it would have been blaring the whole time you were putting out the flames...then another 10 minutes as you aired out the house and the neighbors looked on......not like I have done anything like that before. I am glad ya'll and the house were okay.

xanga.com/junjie1800 said...

Thanks, I got the RSS feed link.

I always keep a fire extinguisher at home. Now i really know how useful it can be during such situations.

april said...

i'm glad you, jerry and toby are okay though.

you've saved the reputation of this blog for accurate documentation through the photos.

seeing Toby's perky ears is a bonus! =)

Anonymous said...

it happened to me before. i was watching my bf's grandmother for the afternoon. she had little appetite and i could get her excited with a crispy tortilla and jam.

well, there were flames... like 3 feet high. i opened the door of the toaster oven and that made it worse.

poor grandma sat in her recliner and watched the whole thing. she didn't even flinch. haha...

i didn't know where a fire extinguisher was. so i basically removed all of the stuff around the toaster and prayed that it wouldn't catch the cabinet on fire. it eventually died out, and i had to explain this to everyone when they came home.