Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tire trouble

I know. I know. You're probably all like, "Psh! What gives? Where's all the periods and quotation marks she promised? Screw this. I'm outta here."

But, in my defense, I woke up to a flat tire this morning. And being a Saturday and all, most auto shops close at noon, causing a very hectic start to what should've been a relaxing day. And as fun as it was helping Jerry put on my spare tire before I've even wiped the crust out of my eyes, I'm pretty sure it was trumped by having to sit on horrible plastic chairs while waiting in a room that smells like tire rubber and car fluids. Next to a crazy woman who talked to her purse.

And now I must cleanse the stress from my body with some chicken wings.

Because nothing says stress-free like eating food someone else prepared.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok at least I don't feel so bad for straying from my some what healthy (or at least prepared at home) diet..this week put me through the ringer. And really hot wings and chinese food got me through it..a glass of wine helped a little too.

Tires "r" Us said...

OOH, I love the smell of fresh tires in the morning! They are the promise of worry-free drives and summer vacations!

But as to the crazy woman leaking fluids and speaking to the plastic chairs...

...yeah, I couldn't get out of there quick enough, either.

The wings were a good choice for an antidote.

Erin said...

Strangely enough, I too spent a good portion of my day at an auto shop. I had to get the car's oil changed. Then I went across the street to get some sweet, extra-crispy KFC. Coincidence? I think so.

chelsea said...

haha pre-prepared food stresses me, esp. when its wrapped in tinfoil, and i happen to forget so i go on to microwave it and run back right away because i dont want a fire to start =)

Anonymous said...

I hate the way auto shops smell. It makes me want to throw up my chicken wings.

Ha. Sorry.

Ray said...

Well I hope to see tons of quotation marks & periods sometime soon. I hope whatever it was that was bothering you has left you now. I miss the old happy, humorous, yet sarcastically funny Kelly.


Take care.

Emilee said...

I have a friend Chad who actually joins in on conversations that people are having with their possessions/objects. It can have a pretty funny result at times.

Randall said...

Tire places are the worst. The one near me always has soap operas on... what tire guy watches that?!

BensonsMom said...

After reading yesterday's story in the paper, this wasn't what I expected. Sorry to hear about the tire ;-) Hope those wings were good!!