Friday, April 20, 2007

How Jerry spends his free time

A few weeks ago while I was downloading videos to our hard drive, I discovered some creations I hadn't seen before.

Jerry's creations.

He made three music videos, all set to "Black Cadillacs" by Modest Mouse, and each one is a little different. They improve in succession, so I'm guessing he kept going until he liked what he saw. The third one is by far my favorite. Although there's a little more blank wall time, there's a larger cast of characters, too. And it takes time to set one character down and pick up another, so I can overlook the dead space in lieu of more variety.

Without giving too much away, he uses Hoops & Yoyo, my favorite duo from Hallmark's e-card line. My friend Courtney and I always send each other these cards, so as a housewarming gift, she mailed me a hand-holding stuffed version of the characters who sit on my desk and brighten my mornings -- mostly because Toby goes nuts trying to bite their heads off every. single. day.

I have now been trying to upload this video for more than 30 minutes and it keeps giving me a "connection error," so we'll see how much patience I have.

But, I promise you, this one will be worth the wait. When I watched it again this morning, I was laughing so hard that I had to wipe my eyes on my sleeves.



Apparently I blocked out any memory of the making of this footage, because, as Jerry points out, I peek my head in the doorway less than a minute into the song. I honestly don't remember noting what Jer was doing. I was probably just checking to make sure the dog wasn't ripping the soles out of any of my shoes. Because if Toby isn't underfoot, he's usually destroying something that goes on my feet.

Anyway, did anyone else find this as stupidly entertaining as I did? Or is it just me?

25 comments:

lilb said...

Hoops and YoYo are my fave, too. I send 'em every time I need to send an e-card. :) Hope you figure out the upload!

Ray said...

OMGOODNESS WHAT A COINCEDENCE! I just bought a, "Hoops & Yoyo" card for my cousin's 21st birthday {I just discovered the ridiculosly cute line when I went to Walmart last weekend}. I thought it was so cute and I loved that it had audio on it. Plus the way they scream out "Happy Birthday" is adorbable.

I would have liked to have gotten her an official 21st b-day card but I couldn't find any! And the 2 that I did find were a bit chessy. Maybe tomorrow I'll look for more. Oh and Hoops & Yoyo stuffed animals?! I have to get me a pair.

I wish I could help you on the video of Jerry's but I have no idea how to help you. If only there was a way that you could download only half of it and download the other half into a second video. But I don't know how to do that. I hope you find out soon!

Take care, Kelly & a good day to you.

the plainsman said...

Only thing I can figure is edit it it into part one and part two.

the plainsman said...

HA! Two minds with a simultaneous thought!

Ray said...

Ugh, I hate typos! I meant "Adorable" & "OHMYGOODNESS", that's what I get for typing fast. ;o)

::Sheesh::

Pauline said...

I cannot wait. This sounds too good to be true. A Jerry music video, haha.

Jennifer said...

You'd have to have video editing software to reduce the quality, or, like another person already said, cut it into 2 parts.

amr said...

just use google video. per the faq:
"you can upload as many videos to Google Video as you like, without any size or length limitations."

video.google.com

Janice said...

The only thing I can think of is cutting it into two parts...which I have no idea how to do. Good luck and that sounds amazing!!

www.xanga.com/nothingbeast said...

It really depends on the file type.

If you have the right software you can convert it to a type with a smaller compression rate.....

But I only know how to do that with Audio.

I don't deal much with video at the radio station.

Your best bet would probably be to cut in in two separate vids like others have suggested.

aisha said...

use a different video host, such as google or YouTube. It'll probably involve a bit more work, but all the good things do, right? or google for instructions on how to make the video 'smaller' without making it shorter?

I often trouble shoot stuff like this with my sister-when she has the high speed internet and I only have theories of how most of this stuff works due to my dial up.

Lauren said...

bahaha.

Toby looks so put out.. "Why are my toys dancing?! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!"

Leslie said...

Awww I love it!!! Especially the Toby parts.

I request that he make another one to Modest Mouse's "Wild Pack of Family Dogs!"

olivia said...

It was so funny when Toby was in the video! He was bobbing to the music! That's really funny.

Emilee said...

I can't stop cracking up! Toby looks so thrilled to be in the video too. I can stop laughing, especially when he tries to eat his toy dog.

Amy said...

Awwww haha! As soon as Toby's
head popped up I couldn't stop
laughing he looked so confused
"why are you shaking me?"
kind of look.

I applaud Jerry's work.

Anna said...

Bahahaha, I started laughing when Toby's little head popped up. Bahahaha.

Anonymous said...

you can see that toby is absolutely enjoying it too! haha

siskel (rip) & ebert said...

Yea! We get to see the Director's Cut and not the edited for TV version! Good correography, cimematography, excellent prop man.

Hoops and YoYo, however, gave one dimentional performances when compared to the dynamic lead Toby, (although rumors in the industry continue that he at times uses a body double).

No matter, this film will no doubt win the 2007 Kelly Award!

Ray said...

Hahaha! Too cute. Jerry's going to make a great daddy in a couple of months. He should make a whole bunch of videos and save them for the baby when the babies about 2 or 3. And you should be in them as well. Maybe in your next video you could do a puppet show with funny voices. I don't know it's just a thought.

And Jerry rocking Toby like that back in forth is hilarious!! Toby just looks bored. ;o) And then in the ending when he gets upset at the stuffed animal, that's just classic!

I also can't believe you didn't realize what he was doing! That's funny within itself.

Well, take care, Kelly.

julie said...

Bahahahaha!!! The appearance of Toby was so completely unexpected, both Mat and I burst into laughter and laughed the rest of the show. He's too funny.

Linda said...

That's an awesome song. If I were to randomly make a music video with stuffed animals (and a Toby that happened to be lying around), I might have chosen that song. I hope I find a guy who will goof around like that one day.

Timberly said...

Oh my God. Poor Toby!
I can just see that being your child in about six months.

Mia said...

Hahaha, that was ridiculous

ajandmac said...

o my gosh

i've been gone to oklahoma for a few days for a wedding [spring is wedding central] and missed reading you, and im SO GLAD i got to come back to this video.

hilarious.