Monday, May 14, 2007

16 photos narrowed down from more than 100

P1012766
Timberly and I spent Friday afternoon getting my bridesmaid's dress,
having lunch and shopping. Later, we met Gisela off the train. While
we were waiting, we decided to make "Welcome" signs in the depot.


P1012768
Gisela's exact words were: "Oh my God, please stop." We didn't.


P1012771
That night, 12 of us all went out to dinner at our friend's restaurant.
Here is Gisela giving Jerry a little love while we tried to digest.


P1012786_2
The next day was Timberly's bridal shower. Here she is laughing at
her gigantic cake. There was enough for everyone to have four slices.


P1012804
The gift table.


today's pictures 039
In addition to the cake, there were cookies and petit fours.


P1012799
Gisela filling out her 20 Qs about the bride game sheet.


P1012794_2
Timberly with a mouth full of marshmallows during the 20 Qs about
the groom game. I was particularly brutal when devising the questions.


P1012780
I also made these flowers. At the end of the shower, I passed them
out and everyone was instructed to write down a bit of advice or
good wishes to Timberly so she could always have it as a keepsake.


P1012809_2
I wasn't the only one who was pregnant at the shower. Leih is due
in June and she even let me feel her belly when the baby was kicking.
And here, some of my lovely maternity wear makes it's debut.


P1012814_2
One of the few people on the planet allowed to touch my belly.
This was a little pond outside the hall we reserved for the shower.
The local high school also had its prom that night, so all of the
students were laughing at us from the balcony during this picture.
I had to concentrate really hard not to moon them in my elasta-pants.


P1012815
Gisela HAD to take one of the helium balloons from the shower
and sing the munchkin theme song from "The Wizard of Oz."


P1012817
Afterward, we found the only smoke-free bar in town and
had an impromptu bachelorette party for Timberly.


P1012822
After that, we met up with the guys at a house party where Timberly's
soon-to-be husband, Dan, showed off his Buddha trophy beer mug
from that morning's soccer tournament. (Also, hence the sunburn.)


today's pictures 004
Here is a RARE picture of me where I allowed someone to wield
a camera before I have showered or wiped the crust from my eyes.
I guess the ruse is up. I always look like shit while blogging.


today's pictures 011
And here is one of the best pictures of Toby I've seen in awhile.
Gisela was enamored with him and took this on our back porch.

14 comments:

Gisela said...

miss you already!!! These pix are great, i love the one of Jerry & I and the waterfall one was cool too, even though i was about to shout some nastiness through your CRV window at those polyester-clad punks.

Oh and that shot of me filling out the 20 questions is PRICELESS!

I vote you upload my video of Toby as well as your depiction of the Chuck E. Cheese animal band.

Oh and where's the pic of you, Jer and I digging into our monster breakfast?!?

Tiffany said...

I am in love with your pink shoes!!

Cute pictures, looks like the party was a lot of fun! :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic picture of Toby.

the train engineer plainsman said...

So random: We decided to make welcome signs while we were waiting at the depot. Besides being lucky you live where they still have trains, they also thoughtfully provide markers and paper for sign making.

Looks like a great weekend for all, Toby looks like he may have had a big happy weekend, too.

That woman Jerry and the rest of us always think of as pretty, who is poised before her PC, looks like a professional musician ready before her keyboard, except that for Kelly, the music is in her words!

Pauline said...

Your pink shoes are fabulous!

You look like that every morning? I envy. I can barely see straight, much less write.

Ray said...

Aww, all the pics are beautiful. And I really love the flowers that you made & how you made everyone write down a little something, how original. Looks like the Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party went out without a hitch!

Take care, Kelly. ;o)

Candi said...

You look so cute in your maternity clothes!

asra said...

looks like you had a great weekend! =]

Anonymous said...

i wish i looked like you in the morning. you look great. :)

kristin said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. And I think the maternity wear is very cute. You'd never know it's all elastic :)

Chelsea said...

You all look great! Looks like you had fun. I have those Hoops & Yoyo things by my computer too =)

Jennifer said...

I love the flower idea where everyone writes down something for the bride. What a cool idea!!

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Isn't it wonderful having such great girl friends?

Emilee said...

Your maternity wear is really pretty! I love the top. And you're so lucky to wake up and look like that, I look completely awful in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I love the Hoops and YoYo on your computer in your blogging picture. Those guys are the best! :)