Monday, May 21, 2007

Lemonade, sea grass and a faux belly

P1012839
Yesterday, Jerry and I went to an arts festival and spent a ridiculous
amount on lunch. Damn those delicious pricey lemonade mugs.


P1012841
Afterward, we went to our favorite home and garden
place and purchased the one plant I knew I wanted
at our new house eventually: big ol' sea grass.


P1012858
We also planted white impatiens in a few pots that
I placed on the back steps. The big project we hope
to accomplish this summer is to sand down the front
porch and back deck and repaint it a dark tan.


P1012852_2
We spent the entire afternoon outside in the yard, and above all else,
Jerry was most thrilled to be able to capture this precious moment.


P1012856_2
Here's me next to the final product. And in case you're wondering,
this is where all that luscious lamb's ear was last year. Toby dug it
to hell, so we replaced it with this. It should grow to 5 feet by fall.
And, yes, nothing says impending motherhood like a KEG T-shirt.


1
Here is the bridesmaid's dress I will be wearing to
Timberly's wedding in September (sans bra straps).
Also, it won't be in this color. More of a pale green.


2
Here's what it's likely to look like by then.
(As demonstrated by the faux belly and
helpful store clerk holding the dress on me.)


P1012837_3
And here is my bumpy 15 week belly shot.

20 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, you look amazing!!! Hope you're feeling good! <3

Jennifer said...

Loving the belly shot. So cute.

Being a bridesmaid while being pregnant sucks so much. I was 6 months pregnant with my first baby and in my friend's wedding. Had to hold of on having the dress fully altered until the week before the wedding. I feel your pain!

Your sea grass is so pretty! Hopefully toby will leave it alone and let it grow.

Alana said...

Such cute pictures! My favorite is the one with the faux belly though, your facial expression is priceless!! Good luck with all the gardening and wedding prep.!

Wendy said...

You are so glowey! I really don't like yard work, but once finished I know it's all well worth the labor (and choulder/back aches, hand blisters, sunburn).

Tiffany said...

Awww to the baby bump!! :-)

Emily said...

I'm still saying boy. :) You look great!

Leah said...

Thank you so much for every blog you post! I just found out that I owe FEMA $15,000 after they oh so graciously gave it to me after my life was destroyed during Katrina. Effin Indian Givers! Reading your daily posts always brighten my day.

princessleah0208@xanga

Ray said...

Awww, I can't wait to see you in that bridesmaid dress with an EVEN more protruding BELLY! ;o)

Chelsea said...

You look great! And so does your yard! Mine is like a sand pit lol.

Tiger Babble said...

Your baby bump is fantastic! You look great!!

Randall said...

Beautiful flowers, lemonade cups and you! Everything looks great - I love the look on your face with the faux belly under the bridemaid dress... hahaha... my thoughts exactly!

tossedrice said...

you look amazing, kelly!!

p.s. i believe the white flowers are impatients, not peonies. :)

Emilee said...

The dress looks fantastic on you! And your yard looks awesome -- this past summer was spent with my dad and I completely landscaping the front and back yards, I definitely needed a heating pad after all the work we did, but your yard looks great!

Candi said...

You are looking great for 15 weeks. I love the plants. I don't know what the weather is like in your area, but I'm in TX and it's way too hot to be outside much (since I'm 6.5 months along now and fighting off dehydration) or else I'd LOVE to plant. Seems like it'd be such a stress-relief to tend a garden.

Marina said...

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. You don't really look pregnant to me at all.
BTW, hot dress. <3 You rock that strapless gown like there's no tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

u look so great in that bridesmaid dress.....and the face expression with faux belly is priceless!!!!!!;-)
second trimester is supposed to the best in pregnnacy....enjoy the most!!!!!!!!!!
-sreenitha

Kristin said...

That's a nice belly shot.
"Wow, you look amazing, Mommy."
;)

-KrIsTiN-

Anonymous said...

yay belly pictures!! So cute!!

--sarah

Marsha said...

I totally understand. In that in between stage where in most clothes you just look a little ahem bigger but not quite pg. In the faux belly one, the pg was more obvious.
I still think it's funny that my post partum self looks remarkably similar to anything up to four or five months pg LOL.
The weight is gone, just not the shape, I guess.

Kriston said...

My Ian loves TOBY! He always smiles when we find a picture of him posted on your site. However I've never seen quite the look of joy and excitement that the "Toby Takes A WHIZ" picture got. He smiled and pointed (a new talent) and said...OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH
Please tell Jerry we are going to need more Whiz pictures...Toby's fans demand it.