Friday, May 11, 2007

Phone conversation last night with my friend Courtney

"I'm so sorry, I just called and now I'm going to be totally rude and order at a drive-thru."

"It's okay, I do it to Betz all the time."

"By the way, do you know what those things are called at KFC? Those bowl things?"

"Ew. I hate KFC."

"Me too. Despise it. But the bowl things are really good."

"Yeah, okay, talk to me when you're not pregnant."

"No, I'm serious. Someone accidentally got an extra one at work a few weeks ago and gave it to me. They're really good."

"You mean gross."

"No, good."

Welcome to KFC. Would you like to try one of our combo meals today?

"Um, I don't know what they're called, but could I have one of those bowl things?"

A potato bowl?

"Yeah."

Would you like the combo?

"No, but could I get a small Sierra Mist with it?"

The combo comes with a drink.

"Oh. Then, yes, I'd like the combo."

(I can hear laughter through the phone.)

"Shut up."

Excuse me?

"Oh, sorry! I'm talking on the phone."

Your total is $5.49 please pull around to the window.

"I'm a complete idiot."

"Mostly because you're ordering one of those nasty things."

"THEY'RE REALLY GOOD!"

"Whatever. Tell me that in seven months."

"Dude. They're really good." (muffled sounding)

"Are you eating already?"

"Oh my God. What's wrong with me?"

(laughter)

"I'm sitting in a KFC parking lot. I was totally famished. ... Actually, I was on my way to Target and then, all of a sudden, I'm in line to get one of these potato bowls."

"Like I said, tell me they're good when you're not pregnant."

"THEY'RE REALLY GOOD! ... potato, corn, a little chicken and cheddar or something ..."

"Yeah. I so don't believe you."

"They're gooooooood."

16 comments:

julie said...

You're too funny.

I want you to remember this post in December though. I have a feeling your opinion of KFC will be restored to sanity.

aahcoffee said...

KFC bowls. I think they should be outlawed. Mashed potatoes, corn, fried chicken, cheese, gravy and a biscuit. That is sooooooooooooo nasty. But I can see the appeal if I was pregnant. :)

Mr. Potato Head Plainsman said...

No real KFC's around here anyway, so does the bowl look like a big potato! Or is that what us mere mortal non-pregnant people will look like if we eat too many? LOL

Did you see that Social Security just released the most popular 1000 names for boys and girls today? Check out socialsecurity.gov to see how popular your and Jerry's picks will be?

cuah04 said...

I like them too... without gravy... and I don't really care for KFC much either... AND I'm not pregnant :)

kimiedawn said...

I agree the bowls are totally good, and I'm not pregnant either.

Anonymous said...

i love the bowl too! thats the only thing i would ever order there..well and the bisquits.

Pauline said...

Haha, you are too funny. I agree with Courtney, it must be a pregnant thing. Those potato bowls look disgusting to me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I'm with your friend. Although I have, in the past, been totally into certain things from Taco Bell. I must've been high or something. That shit is nasty. So it's forgivable.

kristin said...

Must be a pregnancy thing because I think you're friend is right. But baby wants what it wants when it wants it.

Chelsea said...

Those look gross. What do they do just mix everyting together in a blender then stuff it back into the potato shell lol

Tiffany said...

I'm a country girl, so I totally think they look good... although I've never tried one!

Haha, funny story though :-)

Ray said...

Hahahaha, cute conversation. I too had KFC with my cousins (a while ago) after we went to Target, though on our way home. The food was okay I guess. It was the first time I've eaten there in SO many years.

Well take care, Kelly.

ajandmac said...

I think KFC is a Southern deal in general. Being born in the Southern United States helps one's like for such an establishment. After all, the K is for Kentucky, and I really think it takes a Southerner to fully appreciate the fried chicken and mashed potatoes.

Everytime I eat mashed potatoes, corn, fried chicken, or a biscuit, I can't help but think of my mom and a home-cooked meal.

I'm glad your pregnancy has been drawing you towards random foods. I can't wait to see what the heck I crave some day. Eat as many biscuits as you want. :)

Emilee said...

I saw the commercials for those and thought they were completely disgusting, then tried one and I love it! Without the cheese though, because I hate cheese, but they're so good! And of course, I'm not pregnant, but they're delicious! Oh and KFC's mashed potatoes are the best.

Randall said...

It's okay, they are good. Especially being licked off your fingers while walking into Target.

Anonymous said...

I looooooove KFC bowls!
Except instead of corn, I get coleslaw on top.
Mmmmm.

Try it. You'll like it.

=]