Friday, June 22, 2007

FINALLY!

Today is the day and I'm raring to go. I have an arsenal of sweets tucked into my purse just in case this child doesn't want to cooperate. I stashed a few hard candies and even a mini Snickers bar left over from Halloween in hopes that if I time everything correctly and have a little sugar before I go in, he or she will be kicking and active.

My appointment isn't until 1:15 p.m. and it's killing me. I'd like to promise that I'll make it home with a few minutes to spare before I have to get ready for work tonight, but I'm not sure. We have our regular five-month appointment directly after the ultrasound, so it could take awhile, preventing me from sharing the news here later today. But I promise I'll have pictures and hopefully the gender of our baby by tomorrow morning.

Besides, some of the people in my life have threatened bodily harm if they don't find out from me directly and have to read the news on my blog. So I'd better take my time and make sure I call all of the appropriate people. Or at least call a select few who I know will spread the word far and wide. Like my mother. She's probably more thorough than a 30 second commercial spot during the Super Bowl.

And this may sound uber cheesy, but thanks so much for all the kind words. You'll never know how much I appreciate your enthusiasm and excitement.

Keep your toes crossed, please!

28 comments:

julie said...

My fingers and toes and everything else are crossed in hope's that baby isn't crossing anything!!

Julie said...

I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat to hear what you are having!!! WOOHOO!

Jennifer said...

Good luck! Toes are crossed, but hopefully the baby's legs aren't!

Kristin said...

I can't wait to hear! I have everything crossed for you. And I ate a cmini-andy bar just in case that helps :)

leogirl827 said...

OMG...I can't wait Kelly. Good luck!

Amy said...

I actually woke up today remembering you were finding out if it's a boy or girl and the first thing I did was come here. Ohhh the anticipation!! Good luck at the appointments. Can't wait to find out!

diane - scorpion_queen08 said...

I agree with them. I hope the baby's legs are wide open. :)I hope I will be able to read about it before I go home from work. :)

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Sarah said...

I am soooo hoping for a cooperative baby! This is the most exciting part of my day. lol

Tiffany said...

Ahh, I can't wait Kelly!! :-) I'm so excited for you both. You should be finding out very soon now- I hope baby is cooperative!

Tracibobaci said...

I'm so excited for you! I drank a Dr. Pepper before my ultrasound to ensure we got a good show. It worked! I've also read that orange juice is good to get him/her kicking.

Good luck!!!

Candi said...

I can't wait to hear!

Chelsea said...

This is so exciting, good luck! And I hope your doctor wasn't late for your appointment, you know how some doctors are arrive like 20 minutes, its so annoying!

melinda hale said...

All rooting for you here in Oklahoma...

Wendy said...

What?!?!? I have to wait until tomorrow?

Just kidding.

Leslie said...

Can't wait to hear back!

Good luck!

julie said...

Gah!! The suspense is killing me. I keep checking back in hopes that you've updated but nothing yet.... Hey, Kelly's mom, you can tell us here you know!! ;)

natalie said...

ohmygosh, i keep checking b/c i want to know so bad!! :)
natalie.

Lovechild420 said...

Hahaha I keep checking, too LoL My comment from yesterday didn't post, but I'm totally thrilled! I'm excited for you & keeping everything I can cross, crossed.. :o)

Heidi said...

I hope your appointment went well! I can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for you! i cant wait to find out. i have been reading your blog like an addiction for a long time now. you really make people feel welcome. you're an excellent writer.

i can tell just from your excitement that you're going to be a wonderful mom. they way you talk about this baby is beautiful. good luck!

Pauline said...

We have to wait till tomorrow?! The anticipation is killing me, haha. My toes and fingers are crossed.

Ray said...

I can't wait! I'll be here tomorrow morning to read the news. ;o)

Take care, Kelly.

Cece said...

Hope everything went well with the doctor.
Oh the anticipation

Anonymous said...

California wants to know!! Good luck, Kelly!! I can't wait to hear.

Emilee said...

I think this is like the 20th time I've checked today! I can't wait to find out! :]

BensonsMom said...

Oh I wish I was working tonight too so I could hear the news!! Didn't get my vote in, but I am thinking.... girl?

the expectant plainsman said...

Checked back here several times during the past day and see that I'm not the only one "having kittens" waiting for the big announcement!

Jun 23, 2007 4:57:00 AM

Even posted this on the previous days comments in error!