Friday, June 15, 2007

Here comes the brides

Let the nuptuals begin!

Today kicks off my frantic whirlwind summer of weddings with a final bridesmaid's dress fitting, attempting to give myself a manicure and pedicure, wrapping gifts, attending the ceremony walkthrough and rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow is a 7:30 a.m. hair appointment followed by the chaos that is being in a bridal party.

I'm already wishing I could take a nap.

The weddings come in rapid succession after that, many of which we RSVP'd our regrets to and sent a gift, simply because two or more fall on the same day. In all, I think we've only (ONLY!) accepted five of the eight invitations we have hanging on the side of our refrigerator right now. It looks like a printer cartridge filled with scrolly fonts blew up all over our kitchen.

Alright, enough reminiscing. Time to grab the nail polish and purse-sized bottle of hairspray.

I'm off to buff my nails into French manicure perfection that would make any bride-to-be happy to have me in her wedding photos.

At least, um, that's the goal.

I'm sure I'll be really good at it by September.

16 comments:

aahcoffee said...

Craziness!!!!

the plainsman said...

Ah, buff nails! Accepted five of eight invitaions?! Well, I guess they all should receive baby announcements in return! (wink,wink)

julie said...

Enjoy!! And take notes - I need ideas on what to do and what not to do.

Marina said...

Jesus. And I've never been to a wedding. Sometimes life is just lopsided.

kristin said...

I love weddings. Although there is a point when the word overload comes to mind. Have fun! :)

Chelsea said...

Have fun! I'm going to one too this weekend!

Ray said...

Awww, I LOVE weddings! I admit I'm a bit too crazy about em', but what girl isn't that hasn't had her own wedding yet? ;o)

I hope you take lots of pictures at each wedding, because I can't wait to see you dressed up. Good luck with all you have to do & good luck with the nails! I just realized why you just couldn't go to the salon to get them done, and realized because of the baby. Oh well, it's for a good reason you can't anyway.

Take care, Kelly.

rachel elizabeth said...

have fun!

Lindsay said...

sounds like fun though!!

i got your comment, thanks. different plans are in the making, and i'll share them soon. makes me drool over a traditional wedding, but i don't have it in me right now.

Leslie said...

Lovely. I need some white nail polish so I can do the same.

Emilee said...

Your nails look great!

Kristin said...

They came out quite wonderfully. 8 wedding invitations?!?! That's crazy. I've only been to 4 that I can remember in my entire life and you're going to 5 of them this summer? All I can say is...have fun, lmfao.

-KrIsTiN-

Randall said...

Great job on your nails! Enjoy the weddings... I'm tired just reading about it!

Candi said...

Love the nails!

aahcoffee said...

Very pretty.

Ray said...

I couldn't have done it better myself. Good job on the nails.