Monday, July 23, 2007

Kiersten & Jeremy's wedding

The wedding was lovely, but more importantly, I think I FINALLY have everyone's names down, including their relationship to one another, in Jerry's extended family. I've now seen all of his relatives on at least three occasions, and I'm proud to say I'll be able to explain to my daughter how she fits into her father's side of the family.

P1011577
Jerry's cousin, Kiersten, being walked down the aisle by her dad.

P1011580
Jer with his mom and sister outside after the ceremony. (Because I was
complaining that I only have one outfit to wear to all of these weddings,
in a show of solidarity, Jerry said he would wear the same suit and tie.)

P1011581
The newlyweds.

P1011586
The mother of one of the bridesmaids made their
wedding cake, and it tasted as good as it looked.

P1011588
The groom is a professional bowler. Hence the groom's cake.

P1011600_2
Bouquet toss.

P1011601_2
Garter removal.

P1011606
Last call at the bar.

P1011609
Jerry and me being stupid in the hallway at the hotel.

10 comments:

aahcoffee said...

I love that cake! And yeah for your hubby wearing the same outfit for all the weddings....now when will he strap on the fake belly too?!? LOL

Randall said...

Aw, I love that he wore the same outfit. Now in years to come looking back at pictures it will look like one big wedding!

kristin said...

Both of those cakes are great. I hope you had some luck at Babies R' Us.

whitney/weber said...

so thats 2 down, how many to go??? the summer of weddings presses on. next stop...NE?? (sure, NOW you make it out there!)

Kristin said...

Aw, well I'm glad you had fun.
It's nice that Jerry is wearing the same suit and tie for you :P

-KrIsTiN-

grace said...

wow that cake is gorgeous!!! i wish i knew how to do that...

lol at the same outfit part... u guys are too funny

Ray said...

Wow, that wedding cake was so beautiful, as well as the wedding cake topper. And I love the groom's cake that is just too cute! I don't think many weddings have groom's cakes and they should! The more dessert the better. ;o) Although, I've heard that "The Groom's Cake" is really a southern tradition.

Well take care, Kelly.

Ray said...

OH, and that garter removal picture is a "classic!" Love it!

Janice said...

haha That cake was beautiful! I always love looking at wedding cakes...spectacular designs. :)

Ashley said...

When I read that comment about not seeing many groom's cakes I was slightly confused. I have NEVER been to a wedding without a groom's cake. But ray is right, it IS a Southern tradition. (I'm from Arkansas.) We never have a wedding without one! Usually the wedding cake is white and the groom's cake is chocolate.