Thursday, July 19, 2007

Really? You doubted me?

Of course we got video of Toby snagging pears off the tree! I had been out in the yard pulling weeds (hence the horrid outfit, please don't judge), Jerry spotted him in action when he got home from work and immediately ran to get the recorder.

There's more video of Toby really straining to get a few off the higher branches, but I chose this clip because it illustrates everything: pulling one off the tree, playing fetch and digging in.

If you look closely, you can see other pears with the tops chewed off scattered all around the yard. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Erinn said...

Your outfit isn't that bad. I can't believe Toby gets so into the pears. We have black walnut trees. Thank god my dog doesn't like black walnuts.

its_just_ang from Xanga said...

Haha! I loved hearing the snap that the pear made when Toby ripped it off the limb. Was it just me, or do you have a really good arm? It looked like you just kind of lobbed the pear, but it seemed to go clear across the yard! : )

kristin said...

I love how his run is like a little prancing hop. So funny!

Mia said...

Haha, that was quite funny. Toby reminds me of one of my dogs when he runs. He's kind of like a little bullet. Except my dog is a 90 pound bullet that will knock you over if you're in the wrong place while he's running.

Teme said...

Adorable! His joy came right through the screen! It must feel to Toby the way I would feel if I discovered a cookie tree in my backyard.

gorakagaz said...

that's hilarious! and you have a lovely backyard.

Kristin said...

Hahaha....that's a riot! Nice one :P

-KrIsTiN-

Anonymous said...

i do love those sunglasses =]

tales of the plainsman said...

Actually, Toby, "tobierre" in Esparanto means "joyful pear eater!"

Emilee said...

Toby always cracks me up! Thanks so much for the video. :]

chelsea said...

My computer it too outdated to watch that =( and since its not mine I don't think I should mess around with it. Nevertheless I beat its funny!

Ray said...

There's nothing wrong with your outfit, don't be silly. Now, if you were going to another one of those weddings then we'd have to talk. And that's an agressive dog you have there! So full of life. Which I had that energy & that type of drive, hehe. ;o)

Take care, Kelly.

Anonymous said...

That is too adorable!