Friday, August 17, 2007

Now I know what the Pointer Sisters felt like when they wrote 'I'm so Excited'

My baby shower is today!

I have so much to do between then and now it's not even funny -- namely drive five hours to the city it is being held in -- but I've been looking forward to this weekend for months. One, because it would mean that I had hit my third trimester; two, because the older (read: wiser) I've become, I realize how important it is to have your family and great friends in your life.

Sure, I know I'll feel an immense amount of relief when I come back home in a few days and the nursery actually has stuff in it to (gasp!) accommodate a baby, but as of this moment, I'm most looking forward to seeing everyone and giving big hugs. Well, as much as my protruding belly allows me to these days, anyway.

16 comments:

julie said...

Enjoy yourself this weekend. It looks to be a pretty nice weekend, weather-wise in Rochester. Mat and I are driving in late tonight after the meeting.

Since you're the guest of honor, you probably shouldn't have a camera in your hands all day, but make sure someone else does cuz we'll want tons of pictures!!

Chelsea said...

Have fun!!

kristin said...

Have a great time! Can't wait to read the post about how it went.

Pauline said...

Have fun this weekend! Showers are awesome. Just don't let them blindfold you and feed you babyfood. One of those priceless games.
And I guarantee you won't be buying diapers for awhile.

Heidi said...

Have fun!!! We just registered last night and, oh my goodness, it was the most fun I've had in a LONG time!!

Marina said...

Yay baby showers!!! Shouldn't they be in your own city, though?

Kristin said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!

-KrIsTiN-

Ray said...

YAY, for the third trimester! Have a great time at the babyshower.

Take care, Kelly.

P.S. I love that your baby girl's eyelashes are growing! ;o)

the all wet plainsman said...

When I was very young, I could not comprehend all the excitemet about putting women about to be married or about to have a baby in the shower!

Know you'll have a great time!

Christe said...

I am so happy for you. This is a moment to cherish and I know you will. You're rounding third and before you know it, you will have a beautiful daughter to enjoy all of the goodies you get for her today. Enjoy the day and post pictures as soon as you can! We want to see your hoard!

Shalini said...

Baby Showers are the best! It's so sweet what family and friends do for your baby! Take lots of pics and tell us a great story about it when you get back!

Tiffany said...

YAY! I hope you had a blast!!

Emilee said...

Have fun! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing how it went.

aahcoffee said...

Can't wait to read how it went! And see all the goodies you guys got!

Kriston said...

I hope you get a lot of wonderful things! Having help buying all the baby supples makes a huge difference.

Janice said...

That's so exciting!! HAVE FUN!