Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Adventures of the walking belly

Pros of having a protruding pregnant belly while traveling/exploring a new city:

  • Men really do offer up their seats to pregnant women in restaurant waiting areas and on the subway. And sitting feels like pure bliss.
  • When you walk into a Ghirardelli Chocolate Company store, the woman handing out free samples says, "Aww ... Well, you need two."
  • Bartenders don't charge you for a Shirley Temple and often provide extra cherries.
  • The Belly is a great people-parter when you need to make your way into a crowded area.

Cons of having a protruding pregnant belly while traveling/exploring a new city:

  • Your face no longer exists. An entire street full of people only stare at your midsection as you pass by.
  • Shopping is no fun. Your idea of fashion are shoes that fit your bloated feet.
  • After spending an entire afternoon walking, it feels like your bellybutton is going to burst open.
  • Not. Enough. Benches.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!!

Marina said...

I'm gonna start walking around with a pillow under my shirt just to get seats on the bus. It's foolproof!
MWAHAHA!

Er.

gorakagaz said...

haha...looks like the pros outweigh the cons. i mean, c'mon...extra chocolate and cherries?

Bitchy Mom said...

Pros of pregnancy are awesome. You will miss it when it's gone.

As for the cons... Well, this too shall pass.

Welcome home!

Kristin said...

OMG YOU'RE BACK.
I've missed your blogs insanely.
Your blogs are like the peas to my pod, the chocolate to my milk, the Dasani to my water. Yeah. *cough* But um...pros and cons of belly while in new city...great. Yeah...

-KrIsTiN-

Tricia said...

YIPPEE you're home again!
Your posts are second on my favorites file, only to CNN.com.
This is SO TRUE about the pregnant belly. Every single point you made I just kept shaking my head in agreement.

Anonymous said...

great to have you back! hope you had a good trip.

julie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's all excited to see another blog from you.

Welcome home, Kel.

kristin said...

I think the positives outweight he negatives - especially the one at the chocolate store :)

Ray said...

I agree with, "Gorakagaz" more chocolate is always great. YAY for that! ;o)

Anonymous said...

KELLY, WE (MY SISTER IN OHIO AND I IN TN) ARE SO GLAD YOUR BACK. WE MISSED YOU. WE BOTH READ YOUR BLOG EVERYDAY AND WE CALL EACH OTHER EVRY EVENING TO TALK IT. I KNOW WE NEED TO GET A LIFE. GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME. THE PICS ARE AWSOME. WE CAN HARDLEY WAIT FOR YOU AND JERRY TO GET THE NURSERY DONE.

Karrie said...

I hope you had a good time in Chicago! I kept thinking that if I were doing something other than helping my boyfriend move, then I should keep an eye out for you while I was around in the city!

Isn't it great that they give out free chocolate at the door?? I hope you went up to the Signature Room in the Hancock Tower! It's a great view and you just have to buy a drink (can be non-alcoholic) instead of pay to go up the Sears Tower. And I hope Jerry found his steak!