Friday, September 14, 2007

Notable quotables

Jerry, while trying to listen to music on the Kanye West website:
"Aw, why the hell do rappers always do this? Play three songs at once? ... Kanye, I'm giving you two more seconds ... Eff this. I'm going to YouTube to listen to your music with the rest of the crackers."

The awesome night maintenance guy at my office, taking note of my growing belly while emptying my garbage:
"Every time I see you, you're sitting further and further away from your desk!"

Jerry, waking me up from a nap, noticing that I'm almost in tears because the baby is kicking me repeatedly in the lower left rib:
"Every year on Mother's Day, I'll tell our daughter how she kicked you in the ribs for three months and then I'll say, 'So lets go get mom something nice.' "

My mom, calling for advice from Pottery Barn Kids, where she apparently can't help herself from buying things for her first grandchild:
"This is probably stupid, I mean I know she won't be having turkey this year, but they have the CUTEST little turkey and pumpkin plates. Should I get them? Or am I being crazy?"

Jerry, wallowing in self-pity because he has burned out yet another cell phone and has to wait a few days for Verizon to replace it:
"I guess if we have an emergency while you're at work, I'll just run out on the porch and yell 911. I'm sure they'll respond just as fast."

10 comments:

julie said...

I love those!! My mom will probably be the same way when I get pregnant.

Tiffany said...

haha, I love the one from your mom the best... she must be so excited!

Lioncloud said...

You may get calls from Italy similar to the one from your mother. Dietrich had to drag me away from the baby things in Harrods!

Maria said...

Hahaha I love the last one!!

Janice said...

hahahaha! The last was my favorite!

chelsea said...

Oh man I hate Verizon. I think I'm gonna go look in my Pb kids catalog for those plates, they sound cute!

Marina said...

Okay, that mother's day quote is unbelievably cute. I really hope he remembers that a couple years from now. :)

Ray said...

OMG! I loved all those quotes. Your mom sounds so sweet (I probably would have done the same if I was her). Jerry is a trip as always! And that janitor at your job is just hilarious!

*Wish your life was a reality show. That would be so interesting.*

Shalini said...

My Mother was the exact same way.. they go crazy with love over the grandkids... doesn't matter if it's your first or your fifth....

Mia said...

Haha, Jerry's quote about Mother's day is amazing.