Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Concert-going Jerryisms

Korn played in our area last night and Jerry and his radio morning show co-anchor, Troy, had a big promotion for it. A few listeners got to go backstage with them and meet the band, and one guy even got to introduce Korn onstage.

In the hours leading up to it, Troy and Jerry did a live broadcast from the concert venue.

Calling me to proudly relay his willpower when it comes to other women's mammary glands:
"I just want to let you know that I could've seen a TON of boobs from girls trying to get the backstage passes. But I shut them DOWN. ... I did accept a free cheesesteak sandwich, though."

Discussing the level of uncleanliness the band exuded in their dressing room:
"Seriously? I heard the bass guitarist's dreadlocks crunch when he touched them."

When I used the loaner CR-V the Honda dealership gave us and discovered that all 12 radio preset buttons were tuned to his station:
"What makes you think that was me? I mean, it's a good station. Maybe someone likes us THAT MUCH."

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL @ his cheesteak comment. It just seems so "Jerry". :-)

kristin said...

What did the fan get in return fro a free cheesteak? :)

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend's favorite song of the moment is "Twisted Transistor." I'm not a big Korn fan, so hearing it at full volume over and over is driving me a little nutso.

Plainsman wants taylor ham and cheese said...

I am shocked and appalled! A member of the radio media accepting a free cheesteak! And rationalizing it as well, "it was either the boobs or the cheesteak!"

That sound like a line from a sitcom!

plainsman still wants taylor ham said...

...as to the crunch of the dreadlocks, there are some links to cereal, corn, Korn and an old commericial, something about keeping it's crunch, "even with milk." Nah, I don't even want to think about it.

Janice said...

hahaha That's awesome. I love how he just had to tell you <3

chelsea said...

Niceee a cheesesteak =)

Ray said...

Jerry is too cute. Really. =] And that cheese steak comment was too good!

Kristin said...

Haha. That's so funny...Korn is playing in our area tonight. It's alllll they talked about on the radio tonight. It was kind of annoying, considering I don't even like Korn that much, lol.

-KrIsTiN-

shimajan said...

lol on the cheesesteak =)