Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm obsessed

Well, I FINALLY got the memory card I need for my camera yesterday, which means today is the first day I get to play with my new toy. Even though I was exhausted after my late shift at work, I really considered staying up and taking random shots around my house at 1 a.m.

But I forced myself to go to sleep, which wasn't all that restful. And for once, I can't blame the 6-pound being who currently resides in my midsection.

I couldn't stop dreaming about my camera.

.............................................................................................

Aaaaand ... drumroll please ... the first batch of photos!

It is officially the most boring collection of images on the planet, but they
are HIGH-QUALITY and boring. And that TOTALLY makes a difference.

DSC_0039
Poor Toby got more pictures taken of him today
than Brittany Spears on a Starbucks run.


DSC_0056
Oh. My. God. I am officially in love with this camera.


DSC_0064
Water droplets on a weed in my backyard. Because I can.


DSC_0059
Our last two surviving roses.


DSC_0069
Vine attempting to take over our fence.

DSC_0074
Our perfect Pennsylvania pumpkins. (No. 2 producer in the country!)

DSC_0081
The note I left for Jerry this morning. He is interviewing a
Playboy bunny who he says has a horse face.

DSC_0089
Sign I got at an antique store that hangs above our stove.

DSC_0092
These guys sit on our windowsill.

DSC_0007
And, to me, this shot singlehandedly paid for the camera.
Toby, in his favorite spot, hanging out by the spare room window.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!!!
loffe you

gorakagaz said...

haha...i was like that when i got my camera, too. it got on everyone's nerves. but after that, i established my status as a shutterbug, so people got used to me taking pictures all the time.

show us some pictures!!
=]

Jennifer said...

You know you are in love when you are dreaming about it. Thats awesome.

About a month before the birth of our newest baby my hubby got me a new digital camera as a "pre baby" gift. Our other camera was slow and outdated. Its such a great gift idea because you really do want to capture all those special first moments. I look forward to seeing some of the pictures you take with your new love.

Mooseluver24 said...

Your new Camera takes awesome shots! I can honestly say that I am jealous! Enjoy it, and know that I am sitting here stewing trying to figure out if I can finagle on out of Sean. ;) HAHA! Have a great one!

Tiffany said...

Love them!

Anonymous said...

jealous.

kristin said...

Those pictures really are high quality. I never knew a camera could make so much difference.

kristin said...

Those pictures really are high quality. I never knew a camera could make so much difference.

chelsea said...

Those pics are great! lol I love the note you left =)

Ray said...

Beautiful pictures. I especially love the one with the two roses. How awesome that they have still survived through this fall season. How I love roses! =) And nice drawing of a horse. Never knew you could draw. And I love that you leave notes to Jerry. That is beyond cute & sweet!

Well, take care. And take more pictures!

the_plainsman said...

Actually, the still-life photos are not boring as the "collection" shows your imagination and creativity at work. The camera is great to be able to capture the images that you selected with varying lighting, etc. in an hour or so. You have an artist's eye for composition!

Cindy said...

WOW! I didn't know you could draw so well!
(Oh, and the camera does nice work too!)

Anonymous said...

You are very artistic. And Jerry is the smartest man on the planet.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are perfect pumpkins!! I've been to 4 different pumpkin patches and have yet to find a perfect pumpkin:( The pictures are great:)

Kristin said...

Oh my god, these are perfect! Especially the ones with the flowers, and the one with the water droplets on the weed. Those are pictures you only see on the Discovery Channel if you have High Definition TV :P
I hope you're having fun with your new toy =]

-KrIsTiN-

Marina said...

Those pics are awesome, and your note is hilarious. You are creative in every way. I love it. <3 I wish I could draw! Damn you.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think my obsession with that camera could go any deeper.

The picture quality is amazing.

Janice said...

The picture of the purple flower is GORGEOUS!! Have fun with the camera!

Liz said...

Speaking of pictures, I was flipping through the new Rolling Stone, and saw someone who looked so much like your hubby... apparently he's in the band Bang Camaro. You're sure he's not been moonlighting as a musician?

These are great pictures. I've been following your story for a while (from xanga), and I've always enjoyed your words and pictures. I hope you'll still have time to write after the little miss is here!
lizmassingill(xanga)

Shalini said...

I LURVE YOUR CAMERA (I might have to go and buy one now!