Friday, December 21, 2007

Thinking big

Well, if I thought preparing to take a baby to the doctor or mall was intense, I'm not sure what I'd call preparing to go to another state.

Overwhelming, maybe?

Chaotic?

Or perhaps just stupid?

Today Allison embarks on her first road trip to New York because we're visiting my family for Christmas. Maybe we went a little overboard, but we have enough stuff in the car that someone could easily assume we were dropping her off at college.

On the bright side, my decision to buy an SUV a few years ago -- before I was married or even thought about children -- doesn't seem so unreasonable anymore.

Then again, maybe I should've gotten something a little bigger.

Like a bus.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me LOL. I know the feeling. My CR-V used to be so big when it was just me and the Hubby, but now with two kids(and two carseats) it feels so small and cramped. Have a fun and safe trip to NY:)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and enjoy your Holidays. See this is the cool
thing, You don't see them much and they will take Alli and you can kind of have a break, well except for the feeding part anyway, Have fun and stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Oh and A P.S. to my last post, GREAT job on the SUV. You will need it now and later.

Jaxon said...

I am guilty of overpacking too! As I pack I have to remind myself they have stores where I'm going, it's not the end of the world if I don't bring something I later need. Nevertheless........

Sarah *cafechick80* said...

Hope you guys and the little one have a wonderful holiday! Drive safe!

Kristin said...

Good Luck!

Julie said...

Happy holidays you guys!! Enjoy Rochester. Mat and I are going next weekend, so I'll miss you once again. One of these days we'll be in the same town at the same time!

Jen said...

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Randall said...

I always remember that old Full House episode when Uncle Jessie and Rebecca had the twins and proceeded to pack up all of their belongings just to go to the park.

Have a wonderful trip!

xanga.com/the_plainsman said...

Nothing wrong with being prepared!
Wishing you Kelly, Jerry, Alli and Toby a Very Merry Christmas!

Everyone else here, too!

Chelsea said...

Safe trip! I'm going to NY too for the holiday. I hope the trip goes well!

shimajan said...

hope you have a great christmas with your family!

Kristin said...

Hahaha.
Well, good luck with that, lol.
Happy Holidays =]

-KrIsTiN-

Ray said...

Hope Allison did well on her first road trip. Only a month old and already seeing the world. One experience at a time..... I LOVE IT! =)

May you, Jerry, Allison & Toby have a, "MERRRY CHRISTMAS" with all of your loved ones! And take LOADS of pictures PLEASE!

Take, care.