I should be sleeping too, but my mind always works overtime when I'm in the middle of writing my newspaper column, and this week is no exception. I think I'm finally finished, but it doesn't leave much inspiration or oomph for anything else.
Normally I would just let it go and not update my blog for the day, but other things seem to be floating around in my neural transmitters because I can't seem to relax my head. And when that happens, writing is the best outlet for me.
So, without further ado, I will start a bulleted list and see what the heck pops out:
- I've been dreaming about ghosts a lot lately and I'm not sure why this is. It's nothing particular or anyone I know, but it's obviously something that's getting to me. Last night I dreamt that I installed cameras all around our house to monitor any unusual activity. It was one of those deals where it wasn't our house but it was. And when I saw a cup move a few centimeters on the kitchen counter, the dream abruptly ended.
- I'm sick of the snow. I want to take a walk. I need sunshine on my skin and the feel-good endorphins it releases. I'm going completely stir crazy in this house.
- I honestly don't know who I'm going to vote for in the presidential primaries.
- I have 12 days of maternity leave left and it rips my heart in half knowing I'm not going to be home to put Alli to bed every night. On the other hand, I desperately need the mental stimulation of adult conversation and global politics I get at my job. I hope I can find a balance.
- My neighbor just pulled into his spot and it boosts my mood to no end knowing that his wife probably just doesn't like going out in the cold.
- I feel like eating pancakes.
- Our closets and attic are bursting at the seams. I really think that stuff is like a goldfish -- it grows to the size of the container. We have a lot more useless items now that we have an attic to stow them away in. This summer, no matter how hard Jerry protests, I will hold a yard sale. I WILL hold a YARD SALE! And anything that doesn't sell is immediately going to be donated. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll paint the attic. It's the last room in the house I haven't tackled.
- Pancakes. Must go eat pancakes before Little Miss wakes up.