Monday, February 25, 2008

New threads

The term "retail therapy" doesn't even begin to describe the wonderful feeling I got when I walked into Ann Taylor for my first post-maternity shopping trip. I just sort of stood in the doorway and ogled all of the pretty new things from a distance.

None of the hangars were holding up anything that even mildly resembled elastic.

I squealed, clapped my hands together and started digging through the racks. Within moments my arms were filled -- enough to alert a saleswoman to ask me if I'd like her to start a dressing room for me.

The answer?

YES! A DRESSING ROOM! OF MY VERY OWN! ... I MIGHT EVEN MOVE IN!

Being a weekday afternoon, I was the only shopper for awhile and all of the women working at the store laughed as I literally skiped back and fourth to my dressing room in various outfits seeking different sizes as my mom entertained Allison.

I left with a ton of new clothes and an overwhelming fuzzy feeling.

And it wasn't just because of the super soft sweater I got 50 percent off.

Although, that certainly didn't hurt.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

SO looking forward to that soon myself!

kristin said...

Hooray for lots of new clothes and great deeals!

Ray said...

Hehe. You and your sales. Gotta love you for that! =) Gotta love the sales as well. I'm glad you had a great time shopping, and that you got some cool threads (okay that was corny but whatever). BUT I think this calls for a photoshoot. Pictures, pictures, PICTURES! I want pictures lady of your new outfits!

Take, care.

chelsea said...

I hope they wash well in case of baby barf! If they do then you have yet another reason to celebrate!

emily said...

yay for new clothes :-D

Candi said...

So much fun! I can't wait to go clothes shopping soon. I am somewhere between all the sizes I currently own, lol.