Thursday, March 13, 2008

Right on target

Thanks to being on maternity leave hibernation, I hadn't been to some of my favorite places in almost four months.

Like Target.

And oh how I missed thee.

Last night on my dinner break at work, I found myself driving past the glowing red bulls eye. Then my car mysteriously merged into the turning lane and wound up snug in a parking spot.

Who am I to argue with that?

I know it sounds strange, but it was great to be baby free and wandering the aisles. I didn't need anything other than the need to be there. If I hadn't been in a time crunch, I probably would've tossed down a ton of throw pillows, opened up a comforter and snuggled in for a nap, breathing in the inviting scent of newness.

Even though the best part was shopping solo for the first time in a long time, my only purchases were for the people I care about: Easter presents for Allison, a mini stuffed dinosaur for Toby and a bag of jellybeans for Jer.

The trip itself was present enough for me.

9 comments:

Ray said...

", I probably would've tossed down a ton of throw pillows, opened up a comforter and snuggled in for a nap..."

^^HAHA! Imagine if someone actually did that?! Just got comfortable at a Target and told the workers there, that they would never leave. It would make for a funny commericial I suppose, with all the silly ones already out there.

And I think it's so true that when you have a family, it's all about them. Doing for them, buying for them, and everything. My mom can prove true to that (she's so selfless). It's a sweet thing.

Take, care.

Are You Willing to Change? said...

Target is the best! I Love that place!

sarahhhhh said...

i knooowwww what you mean. sometimes it's so theraputic to just wander and savanger for things. it's what us women do best.

chelsea said...

My Aunt loves Target too but she has three year older, and now newborn, so whenever I'm in town I try to offer my mother's helpers service, haha I can understand how stressfull shopping to get when you have a human being attached to you.

.xanga.com/the_plainsman said...

---Does not sound strange at all, and one would not have to be a serial shopper to understand that either. Too long a story for here, might write about that someday from a completely different perspective. Good you had that bit of fun and don't make it so long next time! (No I don't own stock in the red bullseye place, either!)

Marcy said...

Target would so have been my first outing with baby, if only the closest one weren't an ocean away...

kristin said...

Drug stores in general are the best places. And Target is like their mother ship. I'm right there with you on having a need to just be there :)

Randall said...

I can spend a lot of time wandering Target - especially in the jewelry and stationary areas.

Glad to hear it was a good time!

Jessica said...

I think every mom out there knows that feeling. It's so fabulous to go out alone sometimes!