Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I should've let Toby take care of it

"When Alli wakes up, you have a job to do in her room."

"What?"

"There's a bee in there."

"YOU LOCKED OUR DAUGHTER IN A ROOM WITH A BEE?"

"No! Don't be crazy. I trapped it."

"You what?"

"It couldn't fly anymore, but I didn't want to whomp it with a book or something because I didn't want to wake her up. But Toby spotted it first and started freaking out. I had to yell whisper at him, but he wouldn't leave it alone, so I just put the Bumbo seat over it and carried Toby out."

"What if it escapes?"

"It could barely move. You think it's going to lift a container a thousand times it's size?"

"It could happen."

(Allison wakes up)

"Go git 'im tiger!"

"Hi Allison! Your mom left you in the room with a killer bee! But I'm going to save you! ... AAAH! THAT'S NOT A BEE! IT'S A HORNET! ... AAAH! IT'S MOOOVING! AAAH! AAAH!"

(Thump, crash, thud, silence)

"Um, how essential was the plastic tray to the Bumbo seat?"

"Was? As in past-tense?"

"You could say that."

"What'd you do? THE THING COULD BARELY MOVE!"

"Well, it started fluttering, and I thought it was going to get away, so I just started stomping."

"And you stomped on the bee and everything in its wake?"

"IT WAS A HORNET!"

"Whatever. Way to take care of the practically immobile HORNET. ... There. ... Does that make you feel better?"

"Yes. Breaking something to kill a hornet is much more acceptable."

6 comments:

the plainsman said...

Well, we have bees, bumble and honey, both usually docile, then we get up to wasps, the even nastier yellow jackets and then there are the giant HORNETS!

"Yes. Breaking something to kill a hornet is much more acceptable."

:-)

Anyway, I'm sure a new Bumbo Tray can be in the mail and arrive tomorrow.

Before the next HORNET!

Candi said...

LOL, that cracked me up.

Bitchy Mom said...

ROFL! Yeah, next time you might want to take care of the bugs yourself. Guys always make things more of a production than they have to be!

gorakagaz said...

HAHA! thanks for the laugh =]

grace said...

lol i hate bugs all big and small

(even tho the big ones aren't really considered big since i still tower over them they scare me anyway!)

Ray said...

Hahaha! I <3 you guys! It's funny how you can get so worked up over something much smaller than you (not that I wouldn't have panicked as well). =P

Take, care.