Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ready to collapse

After an exhausting late-night drive, I'm finally back in Pennsylvania trying to hold on to some of the good mojo I left with.

But it isn't easy.

Allison is crying, trying desperately to fall back asleep after being squished in her car seat with a crook in her neck for almost five hours. I need some of the things out of the back of my car, but I just don't have the energy right now, so I'm wondering whether I have a backup case for my contacts -- otherwise, I might just have to scrounge up a shot glass from the kitchen.

I can't help but think about everything I have to do tomorrow afternoon, including unpack the car, sort everything out and vote. Then I have a long election night at the paper including a late deadline.

But even with the hassles that are sure to come, the trip was without a doubt worth it.

My family and friends rejuvenate me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so random, but i just want you to know it makes me so happy you have shot glasses! Thank god stuff like that is acceptable after college!

Kristin said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough night. I'm glad you had a good trip, though =P

-KrIsTiN-

Candi said...

Well glad you had a good time, in spite of the exhaustion!

Ray said...

I loved that last closing sentence (as I love all of them). Hope you got that much needed rest. Good luck with the hard work ahead at the job. =)

the plainsman said...

Five hours drive, amazed that you don't have a crook in you neck, too! Glad all safely back. I wonder what Jerry and Toby were up to while you two were gone?