Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Recipe for disaster

Allison is very regular. I can practically set my watch to her dirty diapers. So when she has a day where she's less, well, craptastic than most, I know the next one is going to be a seismic event.

I warned Jerry when he got home from work that there hadn't been much activity and to brace himself. Then, just as he was telling me that she hadn't gone the night before either, we heard a loud explosion below us where she was resting on the floor.

Then I ran shouting, "YOUR TURN!"

"Just like that?" he said, laughing. "Not even paper, rock, scissors?"

He scooped her up and headed for the changing table. The next thing I heard was Jerry's dry heaves, followed by a litany of gagging, interspersed with a few coughs.

"That bad?"

"OH MY GOD. ... OH MY GOD, YES. (gag) IT'S LIKE, TAKE ONE OF HER REGULAR POOPS, (gag) THEN ADD FOUR CUPS OF WATER AND A BOUILLON CUBE."

15 comments:

Erin in Scranton said...

Oh god. Posts like that should come with a warning. I read it while I was EATING. Good going, Kelly.

Ray said...

You guys are funny. ;o) I bet when you have to change Allison's diaper the next time, Jerry will be hoping for an explosion! Also: I think it's great that Jerry's willing to change diapers, despite his reaction towards it. Because most men wouldn't be willing to do that.

Take, care.

Anonymous said...

That is what my mother always called teething poo. For some reason they always stink worse and have very watery poo while they are teething.

Jen said...

LMAO, a bullion cube?!!... that's awesome. (and oh so true)

Bitchy Mom said...

ROFL!! I was gasping for air after reading that!

I don't mind the smell or amount half as much as I mind hand washing her onesie, shirt, and pants out after the explosion.

Thank God for Huggies! That elastic waistband holds in a lot!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of being a parent.

Kriston said...

Ahh the wonderful world of teething poops.

Candi said...

Hee hee, his description of the explosive diapey is SO perfect. I've had a few of those (well... that is I've CHANGED a few of those). BLECH.

Do you mind if I ask what kind of camera you use? You had mentioned it was capable of professional-grade photos in a previous entry and I of course sprouted bassett hound ears because I'm going into photography. :-) I'm currently using a Nikon D80. All things camera interest me.

Anonymous said...

how sad! i hope she feels better! =[

Anonymous said...

Just think how much better her little tummy feels once she has expelled that mess for you all.

mercurial scribe said...

LOL! Men are such sissies.

Randall said...

EWWWW. You made me laugh out loud at my desk! Hahahaha...

the plainsman said...

People will say that those of us without kids don't know what we are missing. Well, now I know and I'm not missing at least that part, at all! LOL

Randomneuralfirings said...

What? No pictures? :-P

Anonymous said...

Lol--so....descriptive:)