Saturday, May 10, 2008

Doing laundry instead of eating a hot breakfast

One of the things I looked forward to most when I was pregnant was spending weekend mornings in bed as a family.

"She'll be right here," Jer would say of Allison, pointing to the space between us.

As if the thought of her being out of my body wasn't thrilling enough, I envisioned snugly moments and my euphoria would grow. I pictured waking up slowly, lounging around talking and capping it off with a stack of pancakes at the kitchen table.

Reality is a whole lot different.

Take this morning, for example. It's the first Saturday in months that neither one of us has to work or go anywhere. When Alli woke up, I brought her into bed with us and couldn't have been happier.

"Now THIS is what I'm talking about!" I said.

Jerry was making faces, Alli was smiling and cooing, Toby was stretching and yawning, and I loved sitting against the headboard taking it all in.

Then Allison puked and a huge glob of white spit-up cascaded down her body landing splat on my pillow.

"OH NASTY!" Jer said. "GET A TISSUE!"

Then, right as I was reaching for one, Toby started horking and yakked all over the sheets.

"JEEEESUS!" Jerry said. "Just hand me the whole box!"

That got us all out of bed very quickly, but not before Jerry could say, "So would you like to puke next, or should I?"

12 comments:

grace said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to feel sorry for u kelly but i can't.stop.laughing.

theZanyOne said...

I can't stop laughing. I thought it was bad when I was dealing with the dog and Bry both farting at the same time! I don't think I can handle synchronized puking.

Marcy said...

Toby does NOT like getting shown up, does he? ; )

I have about a bazillion burp rags, and I try to keep them stashed in all corners of the house for moments such as these.

the plainsman said...

Answer: They wanted to make sure you had, uh, enough material for your post today?

Kristin said...

lmfao.
that was quite enertaining, even though I do feel bad =P

-KrIsTiN-

mercurial scribe said...

LOL. My brother once puked on my Mom's brand new green fuzzy robe (it kinda looked like a shag carpet, actually). "Happy Mother's Day... BLEH!!!"

We still laugh about it, but that's the reality of it.

Happy Mother's Day, hun! (And I'm kinda feeling better - thank you for your comment!)

the plainsman said...

Hey Kelly!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Wissh said...

LOL. Happy Mother's Day!

natalie said...

happy mother's day, kel. :-)

Erica said...

Hahaha, classic. You'll definitely be laughing about that in a few years. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Erin in Scranton said...

So I guess Jer has gotten over his puke-phobia....

Nikki said...

LMAO!! I know it seems bad, but I yearn for those days! Enjoy it while you still can.