Thursday, May 8, 2008

Intentional accident

When Toby started inching down the hallway this morning on his belly, occasionally looking back at me to see if I was paying attention, I knew he was feeling better.

He's not allowed in Allison's room when she's sleeping, and Toby has always viewed closed doors as an invitation to investigate. It's taken much effort on our part to make sure he understands that's the ONE door in our house he isn't allowed to headbutt open. And pushing boundaries is a sure Toby trait.

Then, a few hours later when I was making lunch, he was underfoot the entire time, hoping my clumsiness would prevail and he would score an unintentional treat.

And, oops, I dropped a small piece of ham.

It's good to have him back.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

I didn't know whether to laugh or totally freak out yesterday afternoon when Donovan (3 months) and I were taking a nap on the bed and I woke up to find our cat STANDING ON HIS CHEST. D didn't even wake up.

Ray said...

Yup, it's nice to hear that good ol' Toby is back. ^o^

the plainsman said...

Good to hear Toby is feeling better and starting doing things his way again!