Friday, June 6, 2008

Allison thinks I'm funny

Years ago, Jerry got the idea in his head that he is much funnier than I am. So much funnier that he is always rambling on about my horrible sense of humor, which incidentally seems to happen right after he tells me a lame-ass joke that doesn't DESERVE a laugh, much less to be acknowledged with any sort of effort on my part. Like an eye roll. Or instructing my feet to carry me in the opposite direction.

But yesterday he got me.

Somehow we got on the topic of Fruity Pebbles. I'm pretty sure it came up after an intense intellectual conversation about the different flavors of Mountain Dew.

He insisted Fruity Pebbles are awesome and went on to detail the greatness of the milk when it changes color, you know, from all of its organic ingredients found in nature. Like Yellow No. 5. The mere thought of putting a spoonful of that crap in my mouth makes my tastebuds want to recoil in horror. Then my gag reflex kicks in and I start dry heaving.

I'd like to take a minute to point out that in the five years we've been together, I have seen Jerry eat a bowl of Fruity Pebbles fewer times than I have seen him get all of his hair cut off. That's right, NEVER.

But there he was, professing his love for it.

And even though we've never had it in the house, I felt the need to get my point across that I feel very strongly about Allison not being allowed to eat a bowl of sugar every morning.

"I didn't have sugary cereals growing up, and to this day I don't miss them," I said.

"Well I had fun cereals growing up, and to this day I'm MUCH MORE FUN THAN YOU," he said.

If I had been eating Fruity Pebbles, they would've shot out of my nose like a colorful burst of fireworks.

Tally one in the Jerry column.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

lmfao
he's always cracked me up =P

-KrIsTiN-

The Plainsman said...

Parents. Act now. Feeding your babies our Fruity Pebbles will make your kids popular, funny and the life of the party! I can see Jerry's new advertising contract!

Fruity Pebbles? Sounds something like a dog food thay had when I was a kid - Gravy Train - makes its own gravy (when mixed with some water). We gave it to Laddie and he took one sniff and looked at us as if asking, why are you punishing me?

I'm with you, when my mom finally broke down and bought me some of Tony Tiger's Frosted Flakes, they were so sweet I could not eat them!

Ray said...

This was funny: "....Or instructing my feet to carry me in the opposite direction."

I love your and Jerry's conversations. They rock. And I have to go with Jerry (even though you've never seen him eat Fruity Pebbles): "I LOVE FRUITY PEBBLES!!" Hehe. And any other sugary cereal. =)

Heather said...

Awww. I think both of my parents are funny...but definitely in their different ways.
Of course, it's Alli's opinion that matters the most!
Just don't quit your night job!