There's nothing quite as creatively stifling for me as not being able to write about the main thing going on in my life.
And, at the moment, that's precisely the case.
It's nothing bad or even secretive or dramatic, but it requires privacy -- something writing for the web doesn't exactly provide.
The reason I'm pointing it out is because it feels a little forced to come up with something else, so instead, I thought I'd make a 10 random things list and hope that the inspiration bug bites me tomorrow.
Without second thoughts, here's what immediately comes to mind:
- I have a glass cup filled with pens and clicky pencils on my desk at home that I've had forever. It's the last remaining piece from a cheapo set my mom bought me for my first college apartment. The markers in it are just as old, but even though almost none of them produce color anymore, I haven't thrown them out because they remind me I need to get new ones. They're the perfect marker for adding color to birthday cards and notes, but apparently they stopped making them. Bust.
- A few nights ago, everyone in our entire neighborhood lost power except for our street. Jerry and I totally high-fived.
- I have two small dark splotches on my skin that popped up recently -- one near my right knee and one on my left shoulder. I know I need to get them looked at, but I'm stellar at putting things like that off. Unfortunately, I have a nagging feeling this shouldn't be one of those times.
- Polar bears live where it's cold.
Lions like it hot.
Tigers can run very fast.
Hippos can not.
... Oh wait. Those are lyrics to a song on Alli's animal train. Right.
- I'm reading a sugar-coated chic lit book right now and with each page I turn, I can't help but think that if given the time, I could write one too. Something OTHER than fashionable city girls with a penchant for shoe shopping. God, I've read that book, seen that show, watched that move a MILLION TIMES. Small towns and green grass produce fabulous, interesting women, too.
- Normally when I eat at Wendy's, I'm all about a little grease. But a few nights ago when I ran out of time to pack something for dinner and wasn't feeling fries, I opted to get a combo meal with a side garden salad. And much to my surprise, it was DELICIOUS. Not all wilty and a few days old like I assumed it would be. Topped with oriental dressing? It skyrocketed to the top of my favorite things list.
- When my mom and I went for pedicures last week, I selected a color I'd NEVER buy in a million years. I figured bright neon pink would be something fun and different for summer without investing in an entire bottle. And wouldn't you know, I love it. I may just have to buy a bottle after all. And put it on my fingernails, too.
- Something is attacking our fabulous fruit-bearing pear tree. The top branches are turning brown and I'm devastated. I don't want it to die, but I have no idea what to do about it.
- I want to schedule our next vacation so I have something to look forward to.
- Jerry has a man crush on a meteorologist in our area. In fact, maybe I'll write about that tomorrow. Perfect.