Saturday, August 16, 2008

I wish I was making this up

While Jerry was changing Alli's diaper a few weeks ago, he turned to look at me and said, "I wonder how much these things really hold."

And without needing two seconds to analyze it, I knew exactly what he was thinking: He wanted to test it out for himself.

"Oh, no, don't even think about it," I said.

But my words were lost like a fart in a windstorm. He placed Allison on the floor in front of me, took the barely used diaper and headed directly down the hallway into the bathroom.

"JERRY! GOOD GOD YOU'RE A NUTBAG."

Moments later, muffled from behind the shower door came, "WHOA! I'M IMPRESSED!"

Strangely, I wasn't.

"CHECK IT OUT! ... SERIOUSLY! THIS IS AMAZING!"

I sat there, slack-jawed, not knowing what to say.

"Kelly? ... Seriously! You should SEE this thing!"

Then it came to me.

"So, in the future, if I ever need help handling this type of crap from you, it's nice to know I don't have to look any further than Allison's changing table."

5 comments:

theZanyOne said...

oh

my

god








wow

Anonymous said...

so how much did it hold??

ajandmac said...

haha

i love that joy is found in something as small as changing a diaper...

Anonymous said...

Feeling like shit??? I'm noticing a theme...

Mandy

Ray said...

You guys definitely need your own reality television show! I'd be watching right along with the rest of America. I think we all need a little Jerry in our everday lives, to SPICE THINGS UP! And a little bit of Kelly & Allison wouldn't hurt either. =o)