Monday, September 29, 2008

Now accepting members for the Wood Frames for Jesus support group

Yesterday we went to a fall festival. And the weather had me so pissed off that I turned to Jerry at one point as we were huddled under an awning trying to avoid a downpour and said, "Wanna leave?" This coming from a total cheapskate after we had already paid our admission fee and hadn't even made it into the park yet. I was so mad that I was willing to forgo the 8 bucks and retreat home under our own roof. Fall schmall.

It had taken us more than an hour to get out the door after changing our clothes multiple times to reflect the rapidly fluctuating temperature outside. We grabbed a change of clothes for Allison, diapers, wipes, toys, pre-sliced grapes and crackers for snacks, the camera, hoodies for both of us, money, keys ... but NOT our umbrellas.

Thankfully, the rain tapered to a drizzle and we opted to deal with it.

DSC_0244
Allison being patient while I perused one of many booths filled with
pumpkin-themed goodies. I included this because I KNOW you always
wanted to see a picture of my feet in mud-caked flip flops. You're welcome.

DSC_0283
Her second time on the boats? Psh. Old pro. I can picture her sitting
the same way behind the wheel of her first car, arm out the window
chatting with friends as it idles in the driveway. "Yeah, I've got to be
back by 7 because my mom says I have to do my MATH HOMEWORK."

DSC_0276
We ran into our friend Natalie, her husband and their frigging adorable kids.

DSC_0266
Allison on the cars? Yep, driving with her arm out the window.

DSC_0243
And this? THIS? SARAH PALIN for sale in a homey weathered
country-kitsch frame? SHOOT ME, AMERICA. Shoot me.
She's a politician. Not a sex object or someone who belongs on
your living room wall next to pictures of your kids. Lets save the
weathered wood frames for Jesus, shall we?

DSC_0294
In the sweatshirt. Out of the sweatshirt. Back in it
again. All those outfit changes must've tired her out.

13 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I'm glad the weather ended up cooperating...kind of.
And I can't believe Alli is still in her infant carrier!! You're so lucky to have a little one still light enough to lug around in one of those things. Katy was too heavy to carry in hers back in April!! =)

Jennifer Suarez said...

Have you considered signing up for a flickr account? I love mine and they host large file sizes without screwing with the quailty like xanga sometimes does.

Anyway, cute photos! I love the one of Allison lounging in the boat. Too funny!

Erinn said...

Did you by any chance see what they wanted for the Sarah Palin photo? I can't believe they had something like that in craft booth.

Yesterday, I made Grandma O's Apple Pie. Your right it will kick any willpower's ass. It will now be the apple pie that I make.

Ray said...

You've got a new member right here! LOL! That frame is ridiculous. I wonder if anyone bought it. Hehe. I think this election is driving everyone nuts.

I love the photos of Allison enjoying the rides. Too cute. She also looks absolutely adorable sleeping in her car seat. Sleeping babies are always sweet to look at. Also I think it's so cool that where you live at you have festivals. If I lived there, I'd be enjoying those kinds of things all the time.

Well, take care.

Ray said...

You've got a new member right here! LOL! That frame is ridiculous. I wonder if anyone bought it. Hehe. I think this election is driving everyone nuts.

I love the photos of Allison enjoying the rides. Too cute. She also looks absolutely adorable sleeping in her car seat. Sleeping babies are always sweet to look at. Also I think it's so cool that where you live at you have festivals. If I lived there, I'd be enjoying those kinds of things all the time.

Well, take care.

Maria said...

Sarah Palin? You have to be kidding me! I haven't been out to our cabin since this entire thing broke but to get there I have to go through...prepare for this...WASILLA! I'm scared that when I go through there now I'm going to be bombarded by images of her or I'll be chased by national reporters looking to see if I've ever bumped into her at Walmart. Calm down people!

phillyvegan said...

UGHHH SARAH PALIN.
Cute pictures of Alli though.

the plainsman said...

Not Sarah Palin in the frame, but TINA FEY! (member of as hoc Tina Fey Fan Club)

Allison is a natural in the driver's seat! And virtually one year closer to getting her license. LOL!

chelsea said...

Thats odd they have the photo of Sarah Palin. Alli looks adorable though! As always.

Anonymous said...

i did get into a good book series. janet evanovich's 'stephanie plum' series.
and if you love reading anywhere as close as i do, then you will fall in love with those books just like i did.
thanks for the advice.

novelle360 said...

No problem. If you just need to vent sometime, e-mail me. My address is under the "about me" section.

aj said...

"And this? THIS? SARAH PALIN for sale in a homey weathered
country-kitsch frame? SHOOT ME, AMERICA. Shoot me.
She's a politician. Not a sex object or someone who belongs on
your living room wall next to pictures of your kids. Lets save the
weathered wood frames for Jesus, shall we?"

you just sent me rolling in laughter....

whitney/weber said...

We have the "Cotton Pickin' Fair" down south here. Didnt make it this year but I can ONLY image what would be in the weathered wood frames there! (And yes, its pickin', w/o the g...)