Sunday, November 16, 2008

She'll be back to spitting nails in no time

I won't have regular nightly access to my computer because my mom is staying in our guest room in effort to help my grandmother through her likely weeklong recovery at the hospital.

The good news is that she'll probably be out of intensive care soon. Oh yeah, AND MY MOM HAS VOLUNTEERED TO WATCH ALLISON IN THE MORNING SO I CAN SLEEP!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT!

*Ahem.*

Anyway, when I visited my grandma this afternoon, one of the first things out of her mouth was dictating how to handle the work she has to do for planning the New York State Music Association's annual winter conference.

I just laughed.

It's nice knowing at least some of my neuroses are part of my genetic makeup.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

kelly- best wishes for your grandma's recovery. she'll be in my thoughts.
enjoy your sleep. :)

the plainsman said...

That is SO funny that your grandmother would wake up and be obsessing about the work that has to be done for her group's conference. Yes, in the genes. That is why instead of tring to change your ways, better to continue to manage that energy productivly and not let it get the best of you at times. Easier said than done, though. It seems that grandma's recovery has passed the first hurdle, as she is focusing beyond her immediate ordeal, always a good sign. Prayers work. And maybe that chair will arrive, too!

Wendy said...

Glad to hear you Grandmother is doing well!

Ashley said...

Hoping for a quick recovery for your grandmother. Glad to know I'm not the only neurotic one around.

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm glad she's doing better.... and that you get some sleep!

sarahhhh said...

best wishes to grandma and your family!

Ray said...

That is SO ADORABLE! I hope she gets back to work in no time! I'll continue to pray for her tonight.

Take, care Kelly!

P.S. A big, "WOOOOOOOOOOOT" indeed for sleeping in, in the mornings! Your mom rocks!" =D

Kristin said...

ahh, I just read Allison's birthday blog. It's sooo crazy that she's already been in this world for a year. It seems just yesterday that your aunt was updating your blog every few minutes saying how dialated you were >.<

-KrIsTiN-

Anonymous said...

and by the way, I reallyy hope your grandmother gets better soon. My best friend's grandmother has cancer and has been in and out of the hospital for the past few months. I know how you feel, it's very nervewracking =[

-KrIsTiN-

Sheryl said...

Ahhhh---NYSMA! I have medals from NYSMA competitions . . . I hope your grandmother makes a quick recovery! And may you enjoy your extra sleep. :)