Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Why do I always want to make a reference to Bill Cosby's Picture Pages every time I post photos?

DSC_0283
Allison decided she was big enough to pack herself for our
Thanksgiving trip to New York. When I got out her suitcase,
she started cramming all of her stuffed animals in it.


DSC_0292
On Thanksgiving, she got to open her birthday present her
great grandma made -- a Steelers hoodie and matching hat.


DSC_0299
Although the wrapping paper also made a nice hat.
Can you tell this is post-pumpkin pie?


DSC_0312
Later that night, Courtney and Matt came over with
oh-so-adorable Jackson, who is now 4 months old.


DSC_0327
Not only did I get some smiles, I also got to hear his first laugh.


DSC_0339
I know. He's totally perfect.


DSC_0363
Sometime over the weekend, we pulled out my old rocking horse.


DSC_0385
Then we adopted a turtle. Just kidding. We went to the zoo.


DSC_0375
And this bird was probably thankful it's not a turkey.


DSC_0389
Aw. Happy family posing near a rhino.


DSC_0390
A crapping rhino. ... You're welcome.


DSC_0398
Allison loved the otter exhibit.


DSC_0407
And I have no idea who these people are, but the seals were
really frisky. They were jumping out of the water and doing flips.


DSC_0408
Years from now, I will tell Allison that her mere existence convinced
her grandmother to go to a zoo. For the first time in decades.
The woman WHO HATES ANIMALS and THEIR mere existence.


DSC_0428
And on the last day, Alli got her first hair cut. For 11 bucks.
It took all of four minutes. But, whatever, it's a rite of passage.


DSC_0427
She was surprisingly cooperative.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had such a great time seeing you this weekend!!! we love you guys so much!
loffe us

Jaclyn said...

Oh, what a good girl to sit so still for her weave-tightening. =)
Katelyn got a few stray hairs in her "comb forward" clipped because they were getting in her eyes. I don't consider it a TRUE 'hair cut' since it was maybe half a dozen hairs. But my mom (who's a barber and the one that did it) said she did well. I was at a meeting, so I missed it. Maybe THAT'S why I don't consider it a 'true haircut'. =)
Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Oh, and where'd you get Alli's stocking cap?? We need a velcro one for Katelyn and I can't find one...

Sarah said...

Love that picture with Allison and the suitcase of stuffed animals!
Jackson's rosy cheeks are adorable.

..and I can't believe she already got her first hair cut!!

LeslieAnn said...

Aww, such fun photos! I love your picture posts. My niece is going on 4 and has still never had her hair cut. But she has a massive head of beautiful blonde curls so we'd be sad if they were gone. :) That Jackson is one cute, cute baby.

Amanda said...

Love the pix! Between Alli and Jackson, I'm in baby-pix heaven. I can't believe she got her first haircut!

Anonymous said...

I looooove baby Jackson. I would love to smooch those rosy cheeks!

And Alli is cute as ever!!
=]

Anonymous said...

Alli is so, so cute. :-D First haircut already, wow. :-D

And that picture of Jackson looks like it was painted by Norman Rockwell. *.*

Ray said...

That first photo of Allison in that suitcase is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! So sweet that she wanted to take her friends with her to grandma's house! And what a sweet gift from great grandma. I'm sure Jerry's always proud to see Allison supporting his favorite team. That shot with you guys at the zoo is great. I love Allison's pink joker hat, too cute. Can't believe she already got her first hair cut! Though they should have only charged you $5.00, I mean it's only a few baby strands! I hope you saved some of those precious baby locks to keep for memories.

Take, care.

Ray said...

OH: and I love that photo of Allison having fun on YOUR old rocking horse. That is so AWESOME that your mom still kept it! I love when people are sentimental like that. That's how I'd be. ^o^