Saturday, January 31, 2009

NO POSTS FOR YOU!

It's kind of a shock to the system to think that anyone other than my mom might notice that I took a small blogging hiatus this week. As much effort as I put into this site on a regular basis, it's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that spending my very limited spare time on Facebook for a few days to reconnect with old friends instead of writing would register with anyone.

But to the anonymous commenter on the last post, I'm flattered. Thank you. I Girl Scout promise to put more effort into my first major online love -- blogging. (Although, I technically only actually made it though Brownies, but I still sold cookies, so that has to count for something.)

I suppose the other option would be to go all Soup Nazi on your asses, but that's just not my style.

Right now, however, it is nearing 2:30 a.m., and I'm surprised I'm coherent enough to type considering how early I have to get up. Jerry and I both had a lot of added responsibilities at work this week, leaving us extra tired and frazzled. My paper is launching a major redesign on Monday, and I volunteered to make the conversion possible for my department -- creating templates, updating style sheets and libraries -- otherwise known as VERY DETAILED TEDIOUS HEADACHE-INDUCING WORK THAT I INEXPLICABLY GET OFF ON.

If only the Girl Scouts had a patch for QuarkXpress minutia. Maybe I would've graduated to the green uniform and sash.

7 comments:

Lioncloud said...

Kel, you come by your love of the headache-inducing tedium naturally. Nothing makes me happier than to take a mess of a computer program that someone else wrote and make it sleek and beautiful.

LeslieAnn said...

It's ok. We'll forgive you. :) As long as we keep getting to read we'll be ok.

Anonymous said...

I believe i owe you an apology for being such a shit. It's really none of my business what you do with your time or what website you spenD your time on. I've had a bad few months myself, first i lost my mother after a long illness, i'm taking care of my 70 year old father and January 19th i had a second back surgery having 4 screws, 2 rods and a bone graft. Needless to say i've been home bound since before before x-mas and i'm having severe cabin fever.
I guess i just had a melt down and took it out on you. I'm not a stalker of your blog but i do enjoy your writing. I work very hard myself in the medical field doing Dialysis. What i need is to get back to work, which won't happen until April. Again i'm very sorry for going all crazy white girl on you,,HAHAHA. Next time i get to feeling like that i'll just kick the dog or something...LOL (JUST KIDDING) Keep up the good work Kelly.

Ray said...

"....otherwise known as VERY DETAILED TEDIOUS HEADACHE-INDUCING WORK THAT I INEXPLICABLY GET OFF ON."

^^HAHAHA! =p That just shows what a hardworker you are and how much you love your job. ;o)

"The Girl Scouts ain't got nothing on you!" ^o^

Anonymous said...

hi! I'm not the same anonymous person that previously commented, I just simply don't have an account. I've been reading your blog ever since you got engaged to Jerry (don't think I'm a creeper) and I was talking to my boyfriend how you illustrated the fact that so much can change in a matter of years. We've been together for over three years now and I've been reading your blog before I even met him. And as how emotionally sappy this may sound, I must say that reading your blog over the years has really helped me relized that it's not the end of the world when something goes wrong. I'm in college and I absolutely have no idea what on earth is going to happen to me. Will I get into dental school? Will I be happy? So on and so forth and just by reading your blog over the years with certain sad events happening and then seeing some wonderful events happen (like your daughter being born) really helps me get through some tough times. Oh, and I have sisters who are in medicine with kids (one currently pregnant and in her last year of residency) and if you need to take one single damn break from blogging take it. I know how hard it is to be with a toddler, work, and life in general so if you want to do facebook then by all means do it. :) -M.

the_plainsman at xanga said...

Somertimes hard for me to get out more than a blogpage a week, so can undersand that life has it rythms. Many good comments here, including one from "anonymous" - know part of what she speaks, about being a sole caregiver to an aging parent. Good luck with the paper's re-design, hope it gets more readers. Oh, btw,GO STEELERS!

novelle360 said...

I know all about cabin fever and meltdowns. I've had a few of them myself over simple things like winter and not seeing the sun for awhile. So I can't imagine some of the trials you've been through. No apologies needed, honest.

Next time you get to feeling like that, try writing. Sounds crazy to some people, but it really has helped me. In fact, that's how this blog got started -- after I was laid off. I needed an outlet.

And if you want to, write to me. My e-mail address is under the "about me" section. I'm a good listener.

To the second anon commenter, thank you. It's stories like yours that really put some perspective on why it is I do this on the days I feel like I just don't have the energy. And this might sound silly, but my blog helps me in that same way. When I feel like I'm going through a rough patch, I look through all the good things I've written about and I know it will turn around again. I'm glad you can derive the same from it.

And I don't say it often enough, but thank you all for offering your words here when it strikes you. I may not write back as often as I'd like, but I read every one.