Friday, January 2, 2009

OMG, our Christmas was awesome

I know it's been a few days and some people, like my mother, are so sick of Christmas that every last ornament is wrapped and in the basement already, but I've been enjoying the season so much that I haven't had time to post pictures. I imported a few hundred this morning, and it was a blur of wrapping paper and little plastic balls.


DSC_0212
Of all the things Santa brought, she went for the friggin' pink ball first.
I brought her birthday chair down so she could sit and unwrap the
gifts in her stocking, but everything now is done in the ball crawl bus.
LIFE is better when sitting amidst a plastic rainbow wonderland.


DSC_0224
She wasn't quite sure what to make of Elmo. It's like another dog.
That talks. Really loudly over the sounds of his mechanical movements.


DSC_0259
Like, OMG! Santa TOTALLY brought new bath toys!


DSC_0230
She eats Goldfish crackers in there and then Toby scours the pit for leftovers.


DSC_0222
Speaking of Toby, Santa brought him a new Mr. Fluff 'n Puff.
He killed the last one because the bastard owed him money.


DSC_0221
Santa spoiled me too. I found this gorgeous blue topaz gemstone ring
at the bottom of my stocking. I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus indeed.


DSC_0237
I got Jerry a video game he has been coveting for months. One night
last week, I came home after work and he could barely blink. Allison
had been in bed for hours and there was a butt groove in the couch. "Please
help me stop," he said, laughing. "I CAN'T STOP." When I sat between him
and the TV, he protested. "After I kill this mutant. Seriously. Just one more."


DSC_0250
Later on Christmas day, we went to my mother-in-law's
house and made a giant mess of her living room.


DSC_0258
Alli got so tired, she fell asleep.


DSC_0281
A few days later, my parents came to stay with us. They got Alli
an old-school Red Flier wagon. Only with all-terrain wheels.


DSC_0314
You'd think from this face, my stepdad didn't like his gift. But it was
a huge hit. We got him a wine aerator that instantly decants wine by
pouring it through the apparatus into a glass. Changes the whole flavor.
We tested it out on quite a few bottles. It will be on my list next year.


DSC_0350
And even though it was windy and cold, we figured Allison should
get to try out her new toy. Then we retired it to the basement until spring.
It really is amazingly fun having a little kid at Christmas.

7 comments:

erica said...

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas! And as for the pink ball, I have noticed that kids often love the simplest of toys over the latest thing like Elmo. I'm sure she'll learn to love elmo as well! We totally have one of those old school radio flyer wagons somewhere in our garage. It's been well used so I'm terrified I'll walk in the garage someday to find it had imploded. Basically, I have a feeling she'll love the wagon. Merry Christmas! (I know it's late but it felt appropriate)

Chelsea said...

Looks like Alli had a ball, haha. That is awesome the bath toys spelled out OMG.

The Plainsman said...

That photo of Jerry kissing Alli's arm is cool, wonder what she is thinking; as is the one of him explaining Elmo to her. Nice Ring! The key to enjoying the full twelve days of Christmas is not to start too early - today is the 9th day - I think!

Jaclyn said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had a WONDERFUL Christmas!!
Katy also got the Elmo Live and a blow-up fire truck/ball pit type thing, too.
After seeing Alli's wagon, I'm determined to save up enough to get her one for this spring.
And your ring is gorgeous; Jerry did well. =)

Ray said...

Nice to see that your Christmas was awesome. I love that photo of Allison sleeping on top of Grandma. And I also love the last one of your mom pulling Allison in that wagon. Too cute! You're going to have so much fun with her in the spring, pulling her in that thing. BTW, did you try out the sled yet? ;o) Also: where are the photos with you in them? =(

Take, care.

Ray said...

Also: to comment the 8th photo, "OHMYGOODNESS" does Jerry's mom have a lot of photos. Wow. You can tell she's a proud grandma! =D

Tink said...

Love the wagon :).