Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another Facebook reference, so take a collective breath

Longtime Facebook members know there's all sorts of random crap floating around on the site to help you waste even more time on the vortex that is the internet, but as a music lover, I found this one in particular to be really fun.

CREATE YOUR BAND NAME & ALBUM COVER:

To Do This

1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit "random"
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Quotations Page and select "random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to Flickr and click on "explore the last seven days"
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.

Here's mine

album

Although completely random, the title alone hits home.
The only thing I'd change? My own name instead.
... and make it a book cover.

If you decide to play along in the blogosphere instead of on Facebook, feel free to post a link in a comment. I'd love to check them out!

16 comments:

Marina said...

That's really cool. I tried one for me, but it didn't work out quite so perfectly. Lucky!

Erica said...

That was fun.

You can just click on the link by my name. It's posted on my blog. If you could even call it a blog : ) More of a way to keep in touch with friends overseas.

Erica said...

Errr, just in case that doesn't work here:

http://melkoem.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

I think mine looks pretty good it all fits in but it does look more like a book cover.

Jaclyn said...

Ok, am I the only one that actually thinks that "cover" could be a real alternative music album cover?? Something Nirvana or Green Day would've used.

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you...in regards to your beautiful daughter.

leogoddess59 said...

Blessings to you in regards to your beautiful daughter.

Anonymous said...

Band Name: G-BASIC
Title: No Substitue for a Good Personality
Picture: Grayscale of a clear marble on wet pavement

Tiffany3048 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany3048 said...

That was quite fun. Mine's on my blog :)

Ray said...

I love your album cover (Billy, has a girly side to him. LOL)! I can’t wait to get your autograph when you write your first book and do a book signing. It’ll be awesome. ;o) And here’s my album cover: http://www.xanga.com/YourFavoriteCynic . If you find more fun things like these to do, let us know.

Take, care.

Michelle said...

Hi, I just randomly stumbled on your blog and fell in love with your adorable daughter! Just wanted to say hi and that I did made a band album cover because I simply couldn't resist. You're right.. it was fun!

Band name: Late August, Early September
Album name: Live to Eat (lol)
My cover: link to image

Katie said...

hahaha, that was really neat! here's mine:

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d11/falloutXgirl23/?action=view&current=3307245282_3bca937aac.jpg

Kristin said...

This one's mine.
It's not quite as boss as yours, but that was fun xD
http://i41.tinypic.com/902e89.jpg

-KrIsTiN-

Wendy M. said...

This was fun!

Mine was:
Band: Radio Club Venezalano
Title: Many a promising life
With an image of small, porcelain mushrooms in a row.

:-)

And I've decided to "come out of the closet" with my Internet stalking.

I think your blog is fantastic!

Natalie Jeanne said...

Hello, hello. I don't know if you remember geekyfreaky from the days of Xanga, but I was a subscriber there and I've been following since the switch via Bloglines.

album cover