Sunday, March 8, 2009

Broken television Jerryisms

Ever since our 42-inch plasma screen bit the dust, we have been forced to -- gasp! -- use the 36-inch flatscreen Jerry got for Christmas in the living room, instead of in the bedroom as it was originally intended. And I've gotten twelve earfuls about it:

"It's like watching an iPod."

"I have to squint when I'm playing video games."

"On the bright side, having a broken television just saved us 20 bucks. The guys were going to come over to watch the fights, but on this TV it's not even worth it. The blood spatter wouldn't be lifelike."

"I think it's ruining my eyesight. I'm going to go in for my annual checkup and the doctor is going to say I need glasses."

"Allison probably can't even tell what she's watching anymore. She thinks it's 'Yo Gabba Gabba,' but it's really 'Larry King Live.' "

"Is that Tina Fey or Steve Carrell? WHAT SHOW IS THIS?"

9 comments:

Candi said...

Ha ha, poor Jerry. Having to resort to a mere thirty-six inch screen must truly be torture. I love the Jerryisms posts. :)

wallaby75 said...

Who would have thought a grown man would make so much fuss over a measly 6 inches? ;-)

the_plainsman said...

Um, wallaby75's clever comment aside, maybe Jerry should go to an oculist, as even a legally blind man can tell the difference between Tina Fey & Steve Carrell! But I bet the hardship is providing him with plenty of material for his show. Each morning his co host asks, "How bad is it? And Jerry can rattle off another few "isms."

Ray said...

I loved this one, "I think it's ruining my eyesight. I'm going to go in for my annual checkup and the doctor is going to say I need glasses." =D

And I'll take your 36-inch flatscreen when you fix the 42-inch plasma. Hehe. =P

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear it is a 32 incher NOT 36 (not that 36 would be any better)...and it's KILLING my eyes and giving me headaches.
-Jer

Kristin said...

rofl.
gahh, Jerry.
That is all I have to say about that xD

-KrIsTiN-

Emily said...

hahahahaah. ipod and eye exam and squinting? thats tooo funny :)

Lioncloud said...

I just watched 2 episodes of 24 on my iPod during a break in jury duty and it wasn't so bad.....

Myranda said...

totally not related...but i found this today on thisiswhyyourefat.com (which my friend recently turned me onto after she noticed that the "homewrecker" she ate last summer is on there) and I thought this was a good substitute for your mac-n-cheese loaf :)