Thursday, March 19, 2009

It would be easier to wake a hibernating bear

Phone conversation with Jerry while I was at work:

"So I think we need to establish a new house rule."

"Okaaaaay."

"Well, not so much for you maybe, but definitely for me."

"What is it?"

"Whoever just wakes up shouldn't be responsible for a diaper change."

"Dude. IT WAS YOUR TURN."

"Yes, but I screwed up."

"How many times do I have to tell you that you can't put those things on wrong?"

"Well, after dinner, when I picked her up from her highchair, I couldn't figure out why she was all wet. I mean, I hadn't seen her spill anything. ... But she was soaked, so I took her upstairs to change her clothes and ... "

"And?"

"She didn't have a diaper on."

(Eruption of office-disrupting laughter)

"SHE PEED ALL OVER HERSELF!"

"You're lucky she didn't do anything else!"

"I wonder what she was thinking when she didn't have all that absorbent material to prevent urine from trickling down her legs."

"Probably what a dumbass you are."

14 comments:

the_plainsman said...

LOL, not hard to forget a silly detail when one is only half awake!

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious!!!!!
loffe you

Lioncloud said...

Wait - I can't tell who forgot the diaper...you or Jerry????

Lioncloud said...

OK, now I get it. Jerry was the one starting the conversation. I thought _you_ were starting the conversation because I couldn't imagine Jerry wanting to set up more rules.

julie said...

Bahaha!! Thanks, Aunt Glrr.... I assumed backwards and had Kelly starting the conversation. Either way? Seriously the funniest thing I've read all week.

julie said...

(Lioncloud is Aunt Glrr, right???)

Jennifer Suarez said...

Haha! I've done that too! I put Kayla down for a nap once before going out for the afternoon and when she woke up my husband realized I forgot to put on her diaper before naptime. She was soaked and ANGRY. I wasn't home either which made everything 10 times worse.

PS - I agree with the others. At first I wan't sure which side of the convo belonged to which person. We are slow! We need tagging :-D

Anonymous said...

Now you might have a sweet little lady who likes not wearing a diaper and will tear it off and fling it like my little one used to. Good luck if that happens!!

Lioncloud said...

Yes, Lioncloud = Aunt Glrr. Garsh, folks....I'm famous....(blush)

Ray said...

Too funny! =P

Anonymous said...

Ahaha that's priceless

Kristin said...

roflmfao.
he's a keeper xD

-KrIsTiN-

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

Wendy said...

My husband changed the baby's clothes the other night because the diaper had leaken on them. When he picked the baby up, he realized that he had forgotten to change the offending diaper. We chalk it up to lack of sleep.