Saturday, April 25, 2009

Complete with a snarled lip and claw hands

We're going to the Pittsburgh zoo with some friends and their kids on Sunday.

To get Allison pumped about the experience, we've been counting down the days on our magnetic dry erase board under a crudely drawn elephant that Jerry has since added gigantic turds to.

We've also told her stories about the animals, looked at their pictures in her books and encouraged her to make their sounds.

And I think she finally gets it.

Because this morning, when Jerry brought her in our room to wake me up, they both plopped on the bed beside me discussing all of the fun things we'll do tomorrow.

And right when Jerry said the word "zoo," Alli's face lit up.

"POO! RRRRrrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr!"

6 comments:

Timberly said...

I want to go to the zoo so bad -- the one here added a new skyfari ride -- but I decided not to go before the baby is born because I'm worried (albeit unrealistically) about getting monkey pox or some other animal-borne diseased.

aahcoffee said...

Wave, we'll be there too. :)

theedithr said...

We have pictures on my trip to the Pittsburg Zoo when I was little and we lived in Youngstown, Oh.! Enjoy!

Erica said...

Absolutely adorable. Have fun!

Ray said...

Too cute. I hope you guys have a great time at the zoo later on today. ;D

the_plainsman said...

Something tells me that zoo will not be the same again, afterwards!