Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankfully I never gave that money to a boyfriend for safe keeping

For the first time in a long time, I'm excited about a new project I'm working on. It started as a fleeting idea awhile ago, but I recently got all of the impetus I needed to stop dreaming and start doing.

The best part is that the few people I've talked to about it have been incredibly supportive. It's tough even vocalizing your dreams out loud the first few times, but when people besides your husband and mother don't laugh in your face, it starts to take hold.

I could actually do this.

For now, I'm trying to solidify some of my ideas. Talking to other people who have done it before me. Getting what I need. I'm setting small goals and working toward them one at a time rather than focusing on a major deadline and getting disappointed in myself if I don't hit it.

My biggest concern was financing, but when I was talking to Jerry about possibly taking out a loan, I suddenly remembered that I put away some money from my high school burger-flipping days and vowed never to touch it unless it was an emergency or worthwhile investment.

After nearly 10 years, I think that day has finally come.

What could possibly be a better investment than investing in myself?

13 comments:

Rachel and Jeremy said...

I'm very excited and intersteted to hear what your future holds. I'm sure that no matter what it is, it will be amazing. :)

Jaclyn said...

I'm DYING to know, but I'm sure you'll tell us in your own good time.

Good luck and happy...uh...launching?? =)

bethany1699 said...

also DYING to know but knowing you (not that I actually know you) it'll be amazing and creatively genius. Good luck!

Ray said...

I hope you're talking about writing a book and getting it published! But, even if you aren't: "GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!" Whatever that dream is I'm sure you can accomplish it. And don't ever give up.

When everything finally comes into place I hope to be reading more about your new project. ;o)

Take, care.

Fit Mama said...

is it a book??? you have me on the edge of my seat! or some sort of creativity business you can do on your own hours so you can play with Alli as much as you want???

the_plainsman said...

I'm simply amazed that anyone had the wisdom to "salt" their burgerflippin' cash away and keep it for a worthwhile project for ten years! That is tons of good karma towards whatever it is used for!

Maria said...

Oh the suspense!

Anonymous said...

ru opening a cereal bar?! that would be awesome. but i'm liking the book thing too...i'd read it, even if it was about motherhood and didnt apply! best of luck w/ whatever it is, and know you hve my support!

cnjweber

Anonymous said...

oh intrigue!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear what it is! Don't keep us waiting too long.

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best and hope that this dream goes beyond your wildest expectations - how exciting!
*g

Marcy said...

WOW talk about signs/good omens. Very excited, can't wait to hear what your plan is!

aj said...

EXCUSE ME?!

WHY ARE WE NOT INFORMED?!?!?!?!

:)