Sunday, June 7, 2009

Feels a lot like when I couldn't tell anyone I was pregnant

Perhaps it's obvious, but my inability to write the past few weeks is directly tied to the project I'm working on, which I've dubbed OLP.

My writing is usually an outpouring of my thoughts and emotions, so when I'm not able to unload exactly what's on my mind, I almost can't write at all. Imagine trying to singlehandedly hold up a sofa and only being able to drop the throw pillows.

It's just not enough.

So I'm coming closer to revealing my efforts if only to get my thoughts more organized. Writing keeps me focused, gives me perspective and, frankly, allows me to sleep better at night. When I finally put it into words, my brain relaxes. Because if I forget an idea, it's not lost.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm worried about. I guess what people will think. But I've been extremely blessed by the fact that the few people I've divulged my plans to have been overwhelmingly supportive. It's one thing to believe in yourself, but to have everyone standing behind you is more encouragement than I could ever ask for.

Stay tuned ...

6 comments:

the_plainsman said...

"If you build it, they will come..."

Words from one of my all time favorite movies, Kelly. Couldn't be more true here for you too, when you feel so passionately about this endeavor. You may get some questions, but rather than be discouraging, they may help to hone the idea. Or be discarded, least they clutter the stairway to the top floor venue.

Remember, "If you build it, they will come..."

Mia said...

The suspense is killer!
But your readers are very supportive of you -- otherwise we wouldn't be here! I hope this all works out well for you, and I can't wait to hear about everything!
You can do it!

Diane said...

I cannot wait to see what happens next!

Miss Outlier said...

Anxiously awaiting updates - best of luck!

Jennifer Suarez said...

OOOH OLP, operation long term PROJECT. I had totally forgot about that post by the time I read your tweet weeks later.

WTF could you POSSIBLY be working on that would have you concerned about what other people with think?!?

I'm so intrigued! Well whatever it is, I'm sure it'll turn out great. If you believe in it, and you have the support of family and friends, then I think everything will be just right

Ray said...

Well I believe that whatever this project is about that you will no doubt succeed at. I can't wait to find out what it's about! ;D