Thursday, June 18, 2009

A few updates

  • Totally screwed up my back pulling weeds two days ago. Hurt so bad I couldn't move for more than 24 hours. Jerry was my complete hero by making dinner that night, carting everything upstairs, putting down a blanket and having an impromptu picnic in our bedroom.
  • I'm traveling to Atlantic City with Jerry and his radio morning show crew this weekend while they do some live broadcasts. We're riding down in the station's truck and get a free room for two nights. Although I'm not looking forward to the drive and will miss Alli like crazy, it should be a fun little getaway. The trip is sponsored by a local tattoo parlor and all those guys are going too. Thankfully, Troy and Jerry's intern is a girl. Otherwise, I'd be completely surrounded by testosterone.
  • I have 10 million things to do before I'll be ready, but right now, I need a nap.
  • Jerry bought me the really nice laptop bag because he knew I'd never be able to do it myself. It'll be great to have a computer in the hotel room while he's working. I'm also thinking about buying a new book for the trip. One of Dooce's maybe.
  • Alli is now saying suck. As in, "Mommy! SUCK!" Wonderful.
  • When I was writhing in pain with my back, trying to get onto the bed, I was screaming, "OhGODohGODohGOD!" Now Alli says, "Oh got! Oh got! Oh got!" making me incredibly greatful I wasn't saying something much worse.
  • I have a bunch of people interested in portrait sessions while I'm in New York for vacation next month, and I should at least have the capability of selling my prints online within a few days.
  • I'd like the popup screen for software updates on my computer to shrivel up and die.
  • I'd also like nachos. A big, fat pile of overloaded nachos.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok you...you can't take up all our hang out time to do portraits missy!!!

Anonymous said...

Jerry is such a sweetie. :o) You married a good one!

Timberly said...

Nachos make everything better!

Ray said...

I hope your back is feeling better. A trip to Atlantic City sound really cool!I've been thinking about that place lately: wishing that me and my cousin could take an all-day trip there to have some fun at the boardwalk. Anyhow: I hope in between Jerry's radio sessions that you two will be able to have some alone time and have some fun! =D

Take, care.

Ally said...

I've read Dooce's "It Sucked and then I cried" - it was really inspiring. I cried a bit. It answered some of the main things I was concerned about when I decide to have a baby, but it was ridiculously hilarious in parts. I want to pick up her other book when I can. I'd definitely recommend reading ISATIC. Have a fabulous weekend!!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i've been reading, but haven't said it yet.... CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK w/your photography business! :-)

aj said...

GET "IT SUCKED AND THEN I CRIED" by Heather B. Armstrong. AND READ IT READ IT READ IT CUZ YOU WILL LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH UNTIL YOU PEE PEE PEE.

the_plainsman said...

Hope you two are having some fun in AC; whether or not you win at the tables, I'm sure you will bring home some fun stories to tell.

Jaclyn said...

I got one better than "suck". Today I said, "Oh, crap!!!" Katelyn kept following me around saying, "capcapcapcapcap!!!!!"
Like you and your "ohGOD", I'm glad I wasn't saying anything else. =)