- Totally screwed up my back pulling weeds two days ago. Hurt so bad I couldn't move for more than 24 hours. Jerry was my complete hero by making dinner that night, carting everything upstairs, putting down a blanket and having an impromptu picnic in our bedroom.
- I'm traveling to Atlantic City with Jerry and his radio morning show crew this weekend while they do some live broadcasts. We're riding down in the station's truck and get a free room for two nights. Although I'm not looking forward to the drive and will miss Alli like crazy, it should be a fun little getaway. The trip is sponsored by a local tattoo parlor and all those guys are going too. Thankfully, Troy and Jerry's intern is a girl. Otherwise, I'd be completely surrounded by testosterone.
- I have 10 million things to do before I'll be ready, but right now, I need a nap.
- Jerry bought me the really nice laptop bag because he knew I'd never be able to do it myself. It'll be great to have a computer in the hotel room while he's working. I'm also thinking about buying a new book for the trip. One of Dooce's maybe.
- Alli is now saying suck. As in, "Mommy! SUCK!" Wonderful.
- When I was writhing in pain with my back, trying to get onto the bed, I was screaming, "OhGODohGODohGOD!" Now Alli says, "Oh got! Oh got! Oh got!" making me incredibly greatful I wasn't saying something much worse.
- I have a bunch of people interested in portrait sessions while I'm in New York for vacation next month, and I should at least have the capability of selling my prints online within a few days.
- I'd like the popup screen for software updates on my computer to shrivel up and die.
- I'd also like nachos. A big, fat pile of overloaded nachos.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
A few updates
Posted by novelle360 at 12:12 PM