Monday, July 20, 2009

Scott & Wendy

I couldn't have booked a more perfect pair for my first engagement session. I had the pleasure of working with Scott and Wendy recently, and they exuded happy couple in love.

Despite mentioning how stressed they are with only a few weeks left until their wedding, they said they had been looking forward to their time with me as a reminder to slow down and enjoy the moment.

To be honest, they really reminded me of Jerry and me right before we got married. They laughed freely, stole glances and easily displayed how comfortable they were with each other. When they left, I couldn't stop smiling. I had to call Jer and tell him how much I loved him.

This might quite possibly be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel so privileged to be able to share in other people's joys and blessings.

I'm already wondering how I can talk Wendy into doing a bridal portrait session with me in her wedding dress. She'll be stunning.

In the meantime, here are a few favorites from their session. I had a very difficult time choosing my top 10 and wavered on at least another five.

DSC_0650


DSC_0705



DSC_0568_2


DSC_0581_2



DSC_0736_2


DSC_0470_2


DSC_0544


DSC_0553_3


DSC_0504_2


DSC_0446_5

9 comments:

Epros said...

You forgot the watermark on the fourth pic. ;)

I especially like the one with them sitting on the boulder and the one directly under that.

The background scenery is just gorgeous in most of them.

Wendy M. said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

We left our session with you and it was like an instant reminder: "Oh yeah, that's right... we love each other!" Hahaha a minor detail that we've been neglecting these past few weeks and months.

Thanks for capturing some really beautiful moments for us.

And about that session in the bridal gown... I'm not sure it would take too much arm twisting... :-)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Really cute! I love the ones against the blue wall.

Sarah said...

I LOVE the second-to-last one, (the black & white with them in color) I can just picture it hanging up in a gorgeous frame! =D

Well, I can picture that with ALL of your pictures! But that one was truly stunning!

the_plainsman said...

Um Kelly, this is supposed to be work, you are not supposed to be having so much fun, too! LOL! Another great shoot. I got a kick out of the one on the blue caboose, with her "steering" with the brake wheel and him hanging on. One of the reasons you are getting great poses is that your subjects feel so comfortable with the photographer. Ps. Your photos do all the talking necessary.

Jennifer Suarez said...

They came out GREAT! I really like how you took the photos out of the studio and added some natural surroundings. It makes a HUGE difference and the two of them seem to fit perfectly together.

Great job!

LeslieAnn said...

My favorites are the gazebo and the blue wall (the last two). They're awesome. Great work Kelly! You're doing so well and I'm glad you're thrilled about it!

aj said...

awesome work

Ray said...

My two favorite photos would have to be: Scott and Wendy kissing on the Gazebo and on the rock next to the tree. ;o)