Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Workcation

Our second-annual summer vacation at my parents’ house is quickly approaching, but it doesn’t really feel like it.

Due to circumstances beyond his control, Jerry has to get a few things done at work and won’t be joining us until later in the week. And I tried to take advantage of my free time by scheduling a bunch of photo sessions.

Because of this, we’ve vowed to take an actual real family vacation next year. I’m already picturing somewhere with sand.

In the meantime, I have a million things to do before Allison and I leave, most of which include packing a ton of stuff — clothes, toys, toiletries and breaking down all of my studio equipment.

I’ll miss Jer like crazy. It’s always nice to have a little free time to reconnect, but our fourth wedding anniversary is next Thursday, and we’ve made reservations at a little bed and breakfast.

I’m counting the days.

That said, I’m definitely excited about my photo sessions. I booked more than enough to make lugging my equipment worthwhile, and it seems like my business is finally starting to take off.

I’ve been working so hard for so long that it feels like a major accomplishment.

The rest of the time will be spent hanging out with my family — something I always look forward to — and not having to cook or do laundry.

Hell, that’s reason enough to be excited.

And even better? Since I’ll have my very own laptop this year, I won’t have to mouse wrestle everyone else in the house for computer time.

Plus, I may even get to finish that chick-lit novel I started two months ago.

OK. I’m officially pumped.

C’mon Friday.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to troy from the show?

Shal said...

Ooooh yes.. I love having wireless and having computer time and not having to share... haha...

Enjoy your vacation! Unwind and relax!

Julie said...

Sorry Shobha and I are going to miss you. We'll try to plan something this fall or winter. I hope you have a great time, and definitely enjoy your anniversary with Jerry.

the_plainsman said...

The old Carly Simon song would fit here as great background music:

A-N-T-I-C-I-P-A-T-I-O-N! :o)

Kristin said...

you're writing a novel?
That's so rad!
I would love to read it eventually =D

-KrIsTiN-

Amanda said...

I’m sorry that I am definitely commenting on the wrong blog but I love your pictures, ability and great ideas when it comes to your shots! I started following you on xanga my junior year of high school and now I'm 23 and still reading your blog on occasion!

I’ve never commented before so I feel a bit embarrassed but I am curious how much you charge a session? My fiancée and I got engaged in January and still haven't put out an announcement! I'd LOVE for you to photograph us as we also live in PA and because I’m just beyond enthused with your photography skills.

Lisa said...

yay can't wait

novelle360 said...

Amanda,

I'm so glad you finally commented! I love hearing from people like you who have been reading for so long. That's great.

As far as pictures, I would LOVE to do your engagement shots. E-mail me at novelle360@hotmail.com. I'll give you the link to my photography website, which includes price packages.

Hope to hear from you soon!

novelle360 said...

Kristin,

Nope! Sorry to get your hopes up. Just reading one. Hopefully someday. It's on my bucket list.

:)

Jennifer Suarez said...

Enjoy your vacation. Spending time with family is always great. It recharges the batteries.

Jennifer Suarez said...

BTW was just checking out some of your google ads and was just LMAO @ the one for the "Self Wipe Toilet Aid"

I laugh now and then someday I'll need one, then who'll be laughing?

Ray said...

I hope you're having a great workcation. And enjoy that Bed & Breakfast with Jerry. ;o)