Friday, September 25, 2009

Proof you shouldn't eat mums

Allison and I went shopping a few days ago, and during our multi-store stops, she noticed all of the Halloween displays -- particularly the pumpkins. I explained what a pumpkin was, and it was the first time she was able to associate something round with something other than a ball. It was a huge milestone in the cognition department.

So now she screams PUMPKIN! every time we see one. I SEE THE PUMPKIN! SEE THE PUMPKIN? MOMMY? SEE THE PUMPKIN?!

Yes. My God, yes. I see the pumpkin.

So Jer and I figured we'd get a huge reaction when we told her we would be going to get some pumpkins of our very own. Pumpkins she could keep. And scream! her excitement! at!

We did. She screamed PUMPKIN! I GET A PUMPKIN! the entire way to the farm.


DSC_1447.JPG
She's very interested in the sky these days.


DSC_1468.JPG
A PUMPKIN!


DSC_1488.JPG
I'm pretty sure we ended up keeping this one.


DSC_1492.JPG
Learning the hard way that flowers don't taste good.


DSC_1505.JPG
A wonderful mother-daughter moment.


DSC_1530.JPG
Smiling because I left her alone.


DSC_1588_2.jpg
This sly face terrifies me.


DSC_1601.JPG
Crane game!


DSC_1643
Carrying her mini pumpkins in a bag.


DSC_1647
Don't ask me why she insisted on bringing her chair with us.


DSC_1677 (2)
PUMMMMPKINNNNSSS AT THE HOUSE!!!

17 comments:

Shal said...

so stinking cute! :)

Erin in Scranton said...

I can't believe how tall she's getting!

LeslieAnn said...

PUMPKINS!!!! YAY! I love it. And I can't believe how BIG she is getting! I swear you just had her last week, right? How can she possibly be so big already? It's so sad when kids lose their baby faces but so exciting to see them grow older and discover the world. Glad your little one is eager to learn. :)

Ray said...

She's so beautiful, bless her. <3 And great photos as always. What a beautiful farm, love all the flowers. Looks like you're all set for fall and all with those pumpkins! =D

Kathy Hicks Walker from FB said...

That sly look is definately a Jerry look

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! :)

ashley said...

love the pics. especially the 2nd one of alli looking the pumpkin. i miss your daily postings like these.

the_plainsman said...

A whole cool photo essay, where each great shot could stand on its own; but together tells a whole story. The crane game! How please and happy she is with her picks. And yes, that mischeivious look is one to watch out for! But at least you have a warning....Hee!

Mia said...

These pictures are so adorable!! She's such a beautiful little girl! I can't believe I've been reading since long before she was born!

Rotten said...

Personally I am a fan of the crane move. Very nice! Gonna have to get the hubby to do that one when our little girl is a bit older.

Katie said...

She's getting so big! I remember reading the updates Aunt Glrr would post, informing us on your progress with labor. It seems like it was only yesterday..

Anonymous said...

SO cute-- and I love the Ithaca shirt!! Represent!

Nina's Mama said...

Oh my goodness she has gotten sooo grown up.

Great photos!!

I can't wait to take our little girl to the pumpkin patch next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute! That sly face is priceless. The mums remind me of one of my favorite books of all time, Please Don't Eat The Daisies. Teme

theedithr said...

This is beautiful!

We're going with my (soon to be) 3 year old nephew for his birthday next week to the pumpkin patch. I can't wait!

cafechick80 said...

Oh my gosh! The difference is jaw dropping! She is so beautiful, just like her mama. :) Happy fall Kelly!

Candi said...

I love the pic of her sitting in the back of the car!