Thursday, November 26, 2009

This year, I am thankful for ...

my amazingly supportive and loving family -- the one I was born into and the one I married into, my equally supportive and loving friends, Grandma Ople's Apple Pie recipe, my health (and health insurance), the people who believed in me enough to book a portrait session before I had a portfolio, BunnyBear because they take one for the team on a daily basis, chocolate, the fact that I can wear my hair curly or straight without too much effort either way, Dove bar soap, all of my appliances that do the work for me, but especially my dishwasher, cartoons and the absolute household peace that comes with them, MY DVR for being able to play said cartoons instantly, Jerry's hugs because they can erase any worry for at least a moment, the fact that almost everyone I know and care about is employed, all of our great neighbors who have become great friends, my can-hold-almost-anything-I-toss-it's-way purse, my speed-dial three, which reaches my mom in an instant, the crazy women at our local grocery store deli who provide endless entertainment, getting to spend an entire day on a movie set with Denzel Washington -- something that would've been on my Bucket List had I even thought it possible, having the guts to take a huge leap of faith and start my own business, Wendy's for bringing back it's bacon cheeseburger with BETTER bacon, the things I take for granted almost every day like clean water, an abundance of food, heat, two vehicles and owning my own beautiful home, that I can uncharacteristically let it go and not go back and interject semi-colons where they should go now, and above all else, my neurotic and snuggly dog, my crazy fun daughter and the joy she brings us on a daily basis, and Jerry. He's my husband, my partner in life, my sounding board, my cheerleader and my best friend.

Happy Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Ray said...

"...the crazy women at our local grocery store deli who provide endless entertainment..."

^^Hahaha! I loved that one. =P

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Kelly! <3 (Great list by the way.)

Kristin said...

Aww, happy thanksgiving to you too(:

Tiffany said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kelly & family!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that no matter how busy your life has become lately, you still find time to blog about it! Happy Thanksgiving!

the_plainsman said...

...a cool stream of consciousness piece and cool that it is that Kelly person writing it, hope her day was as goood as can be...I am eyeing another slice of pie that seems to need a home...and the Giants now trail by ten...

Jaclyn said...

Great list, Kelly. Now...does Jerry wear a girl's cheerleader uniform, or a boy's yell leader one?? :0)
Despite having to work, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.