Friday, December 4, 2009

Nothing works like fear to improve bad behavior

Conversation I overheard at the bank between a mother and her 4-year-old.

Mom: Don't touch the tree, sweetie. Just look.

...

Mom: Lexie, honey, don't touch it.

Lexie: WOW, MOMMY! LOOK! A BUTTERFLY!

Mom: Yes, I see it. It's a very pretty ornament. But remember, it's just to look at.

...

Mom: Lexie. No touching. I mean it.

Lexie: (after being yanked from the tree) I WANT TO SEE IT!

Mom: I told you no touching.

Lexie: I WANT TO ... what's that? Is that a jail? (pointing to the vault a bank teller was opening)

Mom: Yes. That's where they put all the kids who touch the tree.

15 comments:

Leticia Vargas said...

hahhaha that's great!

I Don't Bake said...

HAHAHAH thanks for that :)

Erica said...

Haha I love it. My dad did stuff like that to me when I was younger.

Meghan said...

Love it.

Anonymous said...

It's not bad to instill fear into kids before they know how to reason things out for themselves. :)

Janice said...

HAHA! That was definitely a laugh out loud moment :) Thanks for sharing!

the_plainsman said...

Beautiful!!!

the_plainsman said...

Beautiful!!!

Kristin said...

LMFAO.
That's so pleasant x'D

Candi said...

LOL! I love that.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!!

Nina's Mama said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Desperate times call for desperate measures ... that was hilarious. Teme

Wallaby said...

Off topic, but I thought you might like to know that I saw some Wow-Wow Wubbzy Christmas gift wrap at Wal-Mart last night. I remember you writing that Alli loves Wubbzy.

Jennifer Suarez said...

OMG that is hilarious!!