Thursday, January 14, 2010

Like talking to a tape recorder

Conversation I had with Allison when she woke up this morning:

"Mom, I want to go downstairs."

"Okay, but I need to change your pants first."

"I want to go downstairs."

"I know. But we can't do that until you have a new diaper."

"I want to go downstairs."

"We have to change your pants."

"I want to go downstairs."

"Allison, I have to change your pants."

"I want to go downstairs."

"I want to go to Europe."

(Pause)

"I want to go downstairs."

"Well, feel free to go by yourself. It's dark down there, though."

(Stomps feet)

"I'll go with you after we change your pants."

"I want to go downstairs."

"Okay, well, I'm going back to bed. Wake me up when you're ready to get your pants changed."

"Mom, I want to change pants."

9 comments:

Jessica said...

They have the ability to wear you down like no one else! My three-year-old does the same thing and it drives me CRAZY! I hope she grows out of it soon. :)

Grandma said...

That's MY GRANDAUGHTER!!!
Love the spunk. Just like her mother.

Angela said...

great way to start off the morning! Well, my morning anyways; I needed the laugh!

the_plainsman said...

Funny! But, that pause after you mentioned Europe? Jerry does not have a chance when you both say that in unison to him (only a couple years, so start saving now, Jerry). Next, I read that comment, "just like her mother!" Hey! In football, "piling on" is illegal. You can't win here, Kelly; unless you get to Europe, that is.

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome and i am only saying that because jax isn't doing that to me yet!!!

Ray said...

Too cute! She's very assertive. ;o)

Kristin said...

lmaolmaolmao x'D

Janice said...

That's amazing. She really cracks me up.

LeslieAnn said...

She's hilarious! I love it!